Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Time to change my game plan I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spend about 3-4 hours a day compiling a list for the next day. Generally the list will consist of 250-600 names depending on the amount of drops for that day. And compiled from alot of different variables. Up until a few weeks ago I had around 75-150 names which were not snaped up at drop time an usually had about 45 minutes to pick through those names before the majority were picked up. A few I would use a script to catch or I would backorder if I had to have the name.

Well as of the past week that list has been decreasing every day. Today I had 270 names on my list and thirty minutes into the drops there was 1 name left to register. I've changed my buying patterns many times over the past few years but the way I see it is my cost to acquire just increased tenfold most likely so I guess my asking prices even on the boards should do the same.

Anyone else see big changes needing to be made lately?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes certainly. Things have changed drastically over the last 6 months. It's hard to acquire anything reasonable that is value for money now - but that's great news if you already have a good portfolio. Development is the key - that's where the money is. Parking should only be a temporary option.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've certainly noticed the same thing.
Just raise your prices and reflect the changes.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
Yes certainly. Things have changed drastically over the last 6 months. It's hard to acquire anything reasonable that is value for money now - but that's great news if you already have a good portfolio. Development is the key - that's where the money is. Parking should only be a temporary option.

Agree Ed, those that kept the faith and kept chipping away during the lean years are finally reaping some rewards...

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My problem is I keep spending all my money on more domains rather than development. lol I told myself yesterday if I picked up a certain domain I wanted (which I did) I would sell most of everything and move into developing it and several others. I'm now wondering if I should hold out a few more months. decisions decisions...

M

mole

NameMogul.com said:
My problem is I keep spending all my money on more domains rather than development.

Tis okay. This is a common malady that afflicts domainers called Chronic Seek Syndrome. It was named after a domainer here who registers 200 domains a day :cheeky:

The only cure is to give away everything you have for $100.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tis okay. This is a common malady that afflicts domainers called Chronic Seek Syndrome. It was named after a domainer here who registers 200 domains a day

The only cure is to give away everything you have for $100.

I don't aagree, give it away for free, I'll accept any gifts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom