Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Time Travel Does Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a bid for leniency, Carlssin has reportedly offered to divulge "historical facts" such as the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden and a cure for AIDS.

All he wants is to be allowed to return to the future in his "time craft."

Sounds like a good deal to me. :D

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is a laugh-riot. Nice and creepy.
"A lunatic or a pathological liar--" :laugh:

~ Nexus

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Remember the film Timecop with Jean Claude Van Damme.
Sounds remarkably similar.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I laughed real hard if nothing else :D
If it's for real it would be nice to see some documented evidence of his trades. That would be mind blowing.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RMF, you do realize that story is a joke right? Your comments about it are sort of ambiguous.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from $800 to $350,000,000 in 2 weeks time? Even if he is from 200 years into the future, how well would you do on trades in two weeks if you were sent back 30, 50, 100, 200 years. I would know to buy stocks in the big ones before they were really big, but to get that much gain in just two weeks? It sounds amazing.

but then again, it's how Biff made his money in Back to the Future 2, so I suppose it's not too far from the imagination. ;)

I wonder if this is really a legit story. I'll believe it more once it hits CNN.com or Foxnews.

-Wc-

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wait, it says that this is from the 'Weekly World News'. I thought this was a legit Yahoo story, but isn't the Weekly World News one of those rags found at the register, along the lines of the Enquirer and Star?

-WC-

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WildCard
Wait, it says that this is from the 'Weekly World News'.

I was wondering when someone else would notice that. WWN stories always have the tendency to get covered up fast! ;)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's a plan. Everyone write a letter to yourself, or for someone to find. Tell them or yourself to send next weeks lottery numbers to you, tomorrow. Hold onto that letter in a safe location, or hide it somewhere, so it will remain intact for 100's of years. Now, when someone finds it, maybe in 1000 years, and they have time travel, and they have the lottery results for next week, they can make it there mission to send you the results. Now, tomorrow those results should appear for you in the same location you put your letter. Of course, if the earth's surface moves around over that timeframe, that letter could be somewhere else by then. So, if you put this letter in your backyard, make sure you dig up your entire backyard, and the property next door on all sides. This will increase your chances of finding the results. Good Luck!

RMF

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
how can time travel exist? ... time itself doesn't exist :)

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We don't have time for this...........Or do we?

N

namegame

Is there a machine that can take me back to May 1, 1991? - I would like to reg microsoft.com.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vivnet Is there a machine that can take me back to May 1, 1991? - I would like to reg microsoft.com.

Microsoft is for the most part simply a brandable name with a low value as a name only, 2 generic words with a somewhat nebulous connection between the words. Without the firm, products and zillions spent on branding for yrs the name on its own would sell for a small amount, perhaps $500 or so I would guess. Same thing with names like Yahoo, EBay, even Amazon to a degree, though there is a big river with that name, which adds a little to value.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with RealNames. If Microsoft was not a company, I would think the words micro and soft was a weird combo.

N

namegame

Originally posted by RealNames

Microsoft is for the most part simply a brandable name with a low value as a name only, 2 generic words with a somewhat nebulous connection between the words. Without the firm, products and zillions spent on branding for yrs the name on its own would sell for a small amount, perhaps $500 or so I would guess. Same thing with names like Yahoo, EBay, even Amazon to a degree, though there is a big river with that name, which adds a little to value.
GEEZ - It was intended as a joke - Thanks for the unsolicited lesson anyway! Maybe you should write a book on the science of domain name registration and make some real money!

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually on May 1, 1991 Microsoft had already been around for 6 years so I'm sure the words "micro" and "soft" put together were well known. ;) This was pre-UDRP days so you might have ended up with a fat payday (or fat lawsuit).

N

namegame

Thanks RJ - If it's a fat pay check I will split the proceeds with you! You're right Microsoft had been around for some years already and made the name what it was. They reg'd the name on May 2, 1991. That would have given me exactly one day in the life of a cybersquatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom