Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal Tips for SPAMMERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tips for spammers:

1) Don't use a throwaway email address, it just makes you look stupid, and I don't do business with stupid people their $12.15 budgets.

2) When you make up a name, don't choose an obscene one. Again, it just makes you look stupid.

3) My Whois data has my forsale url in it. If you then spam me at the email used in my WHOIS records, I always know that you're an idiot running a script.

======

Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 2:57 AM
To: (the email I use in the whois)
Subject: oddgifts.com

Hi,

I wanted to see if this name is for sale? Also, of you can give me a price it might help me get a deal done.

Thanks,
Cameron

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would be surprised at how many professional, legit businesses I know use gmail.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i get so much spam from people selling domains lately, its mental. all from the same company im sure as the price is always 1288 or something similar and the names are total junk.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would be surprised at how many professional, legit businesses I know use gmail.

I know some use them, but they're never the successful business people, there's the ones too cheap to pay the $10 for the domain, or the $10 to set up the email properly. It's an easy way to weed out people that are bad to do business with.

You can also check the email in Google. If it's never been used anywhere, you know you're dealing with a throwaway, so you don't have to waste time on them.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont 'necessarily' give or take weight by just the email addy, but more authoritive, the better imo.

And I always like the "My friends always call me by this name, so I thought it would be neat to buy the dot com. Would you take 200 bucks?"

If they were that innocent in purpose,... the dot info would be alot cheaper methinks, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom