Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Tired of low ball offers at Sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally snapped at sedo and starting having fun w/ a lowballer that was bidding on one of my best domains there:

Buyer:
Offer: 110 EUR

Seller:
Hmm...let's see, you want me to sell this domain for:
110 EUR
Less Sedo Fees: -100 EUR
------
10 EUR profit!

Buyer:
Offer: 220 EUR

Seller:
Hmm...let's see again, you want me to sell this domain for:
220 EUR
Less Sedo Fees: -100 EUR
------
120 EUR profit!

Wow! I'm impressed, you managed to actually go from offering me a 10 EUR profit to a 120 EUR profit!

Buyer:
Offer: 230 EUR

Seller:
Wow! You managed to actually increase your offer by 10 more Euros!
Let me respond in kind by again raising my asking price! Let's see I was asking 1,000,000 EUR,
in reponse to your thoughtful offer of 10 EUR profit, then 2,000,000 EUR in reponse to your offer of 120 EUR profit so let's make it 4,000,000 EUR since your now offering me 10 EUR more. Sound fair? I think so.

Buyer:
How about a legit number?

Yeah, how about a legit number...if these fools had any idea what it takes (or took even years ago) to get a decent domain they would at least make a decent offer even if it is too low instead of dreaming and wasting your time...get a freakin clue...

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have posted a way to stop lowballers in another thread - simply don't respond to their 2nd offer. They have a limit of (I think 6) offers they can have open at once, so they are frozen at the limit for a week.

SHAME on Sedo for allowing "harrassment bids" - had another this week LOWER his already lowball bid. Buyers should NEVER be allowed to lower a bid.

Sedo is very skewed against sellers, and has no responded to the many great requests made here.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had one this week offer 2k then 1k then 3k.
I told him that he is not serious and he can go buy another domain.

Another one offered 1k after two weeks negotiations and then send a $300 offer with a "This is my final offer" comment!

Waste of time.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When u add name into sedo . u can specify a Minimum offer amount.

Minimum offer: Once you have entered a minimum offer, any offers below that amount will be automatically rejected by the system. In this case, interested parties would be encouraged to make a higher offer.

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
scorpio said:
When u add name into sedo . u can specify a Minimum offer amount.

Minimum offer: Once you have entered a minimum offer, any offers below that amount will be automatically rejected by the system. In this case, interested parties would be encouraged to make a higher offer.
Simple solution .
I still don't understand why people complaint about low ball offers.
The seller holds the option to set the minimum bid price ...
Do I am missing something ?

( Yes... low ball offers are annoying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom