Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Tired of Registrars Rejecting Transfers!!! WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble transfering domains from other registrars to enom?

This seems to be an ongoing issue, that I am ready to pursue legal action if I have the right.

In one case, my name and info is listed as the administrative contact, and the domain has been at the same place for like 6 years...and still rejected.

Another one, my name isn't listed, but the guy who is, approved the transfer email, and it is still rejected. This is 3 times for this particular name. I even contacted the registrar (bulkregister.com) and they said "Well, we have been having a lot of illegal transfers from enom, so we don't allow it anymore!" WTF! There are no 'registrar locks' on them either.

There has to be some legal recourse for this crap, it's like the domains are hostage, and you have to kiss someone's ass to get your own domain! I even showed proof or receipt, and a copy of my driver's license!

These are top tier domains, ad I am estimating that I could be losing $50 a day, not to mention the money I have tied up in them. (It's been over 3 weeks for the one domain, and one week for the other...that's a whole month wasted :(

Anybody have any suggestions?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom has chosen to sleep with the dogs, and they have woken up with fleas.

Enom is the home to the premier unauthorized domain slammer, Domain Registry of America. Blocking transfers to Enom is a reasonable response to the theft of service which Enom tolerates among its resellers.

How are you losing $50 a day by not being able to change registrars?

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Enom has chosen to sleep with the dogs, and they have woken up with fleas.

Enom is the home to the premier unauthorized domain slammer, Domain Registry of America. Blocking transfers to Enom is a reasonable response to the theft of service which Enom tolerates among its resellers.

How are you losing $50 a day by not being able to change registrars?

Thanks for your response, but how does punishing honest users justify holding domains hostage?

I am aware of the problems enom.com has, but that's not MY fault. I don't see how they can legally just reject transfers ESPECIALLY if the domain is already in my name?!

I feel this is more like a 'monopoly', where if you don't have an account at OUR registrar, you ain't gonna get your domain. Last time I checked, I was free to register and transfer a domain name anywhere I wanted too :)

The reason I feel like I am losing money is simple. I average this amount on most of my sites, and these two I am having problems with, are above average. I think it would be complete stupidity on my part, to spend countless dollars and time, to put up a site, while I don't even have control over the domain name!

Since it has been 5 weeks combined, I would say it's fair, I am losing money! Don't forget the thousands of dollars I have paid for these domains :)

I did however, try a new route today. I tried to use Godaddy.com. One was already refused, saying there was a 'registrar lock' on the domain. The seller swears that there isn't any, and sent a threatening email to the registrar!

here we go again...different registrar...basically the same problem :(

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The owner of the domain with Bulkregister can ask them to approve their account for transfers to Enom. I have had similar problems, but after 'opening up' my domains transferred out of BR okay.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BulkRegister.com members can simply contact BulkRegister support and ask them to move the domain(s) to BulkRegister.com's "holding" account first before attempting enom transfer. BR support is very fast - little as a few minutes to 60 minute tops has been typical for me.

I would NOT recommend "opening up" one's entire BulkRegister acct for Enom transfers - that's an invitation for trouble!

Enom is a cut-rate operation ... great for folks seeking bargain basement pricing, but that comes with a nasty tradeoff...Enom supports folks such as DRoA and is a well known haven for domain thieves.

Anyways, try transferring them out to Dotster or one of the many other more respected registrars out there.

Ron

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
...I did however, try a new route today. I tried to use Godaddy.com. One was already refused, saying there was a 'registrar lock' on the domain...

Did you check http://www.nsiregistry.com/ - maybe the domain (.com / .net) really is locked.

For .ORG domains, be sure to check http://www.pir.org/ first - if the status shown is anything other than "OK" it likely will not transfer. Also, note .ORG requires an Auth code to perform a transfer.

Ron

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I have made some headway on one of the domains. It appears that it is going to go through. Like some suggested, BulkRegister had to be contacted directly by the current owner, and given the permission over the phone, so that should be it for that one!

Now for the other one. The owner lives overseas, and I can imagine it will tough to get him to call the USA. This one I initiated a Godaddy transfer request. I know he got the Godaddy approval form, because he forwarded it to me after he approved it, but I don't know if he got the Bulkregister one yet. Since there is a time difference, I imagine he is in bed. I should find out tomorrow, if he got it or not.

I also had contact with BulkRegister about the new transfer initiation, and they suggested I call tomorrow if I don't hear from him, to make sure that it was even sent out.

I won't hold my breathe, but it appears things will be ok..hopefully :)

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eNom is no gem. I like BulkRegister much more.

On the subject of tough registrars, TotalNIC is one of the worst I have seen. I had problems transferring names out of TotalNIC into Moniker. TotalNIC fought hard, requiring notarized letters, etc... Snap had regged the names for me. Finally, I got SnapNames involved, and Snap put some pressure on them and we got the names released.

Monte and Steven at Moniker were really terrific.

I highly recommend Moniker!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think the registrars are penalizing because it is going to Enom.

I think some registrars just make it difficult to transfer out to any other registrar.

My biggest complaint is when I go to the present registrar and make sure it is not locked. And, a week later, I get a notice that the transfer has been declined because it is locked.
That annoys me!

And, this whole process can take a week or more. Which, makes it difficult if I am trying
to renew it at Enom 30 to 60 days before expiration.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your goal is to get to Enom, try doing it by way of Tucows/OpenSRS. They let unlocked domains go very easily.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
eNom is no gem. I like BulkRegister much more.

On the subject of tough registrars, TotalNIC is one of the worst I have seen. I had problems transferring names out of TotalNIC into Moniker. TotalNIC fought hard, requiring notarized letters, etc... Snap had regged the names for me. Finally, I got SnapNames involved, and Snap put some pressure on them and we got the names released.

Monte and Steven at Moniker were really terrific.

I highly recommend Moniker!
Same here.

netsol wouldnt allow transfers to enom either, without some sort of verification.

eventually I moved to Moniker and never looked back :)

I highly reccomend it.
- Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom