Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TLD advice for company website

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueridge

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All,

I am starting a business that is called *****Works (one word, ten letters). .com and .net are unavailable. I own .org, .biz, .us, .co and .info. Which will likely be easiest to use for email or a web URL? I am concerned that using any TLD except .com will be confusing for people sending email, etc. Any thoughts?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If .com is not an option, .org is your next best. You still might want to consider an alternative in .com. I really wouldn't want to develop a real-world business on anything but .com

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
YES, very confusing referring your emails and your URL with anything other than a .com.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It really also depends on the business itself and where you are located. If you are in say for instance Germany and have a primarily German client base then a .de would be just as useful.
Although from your profile I assume you are American in which case some people also tend to go for a hyphonated name depending upon availability and any possible TM issues when the .com is not available. You could also look at names based around the product(s) you intend to market.

Good luck with your new venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom