Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TM domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have wanted to write this in TM section but I am just ordinary platinum guy so it won't let me in.

Well I have domain since 2007 and I had found out that there is TM of the exact name of my domain name since 2009 and published in 2010, do you think that I can keep my domain name ? Thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Short answer would be yes, but make sure you are not going to use the domain name in a way that would violate the TM even if your domain predates the TM.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks ! It's just parked name so I will not violate their TM.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea, domains have been lost in UDRP because they were parked and showing sponsored links for the TM or competitors... you don't have much control over the sponsored links so don't take a chance.

macblogger

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe I could redirect all the traffic to other domain name so it will show nothing, just redirection.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe I could redirect all the traffic to other domain name so it will show nothing, just redirection.

do whatever you were doing with the domain, before you noticed a tm that was filed later.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom