Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

tm registration advice - which classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My domain/site - monetized with adsense - is a consumer information site about credit report services; reviews, comparisons, legal aspects etc. I only offer free consumer information, no actual credit reports.

To cover only my current use, which class(es) should I go for - 35 (Advertising and business)?

Budgetary constraints currently restrict me to protect

a) either one class in several jurisdictions
b) or register a broad trademark in fewer places - or even one jurisdiction only.

Regarding the latter option, I'd probably choose 36 (Insurance and financial), 38 (Telecommunications) and 42 (Computer, scientific & legal). I guess this would only make sense if I actually used to mark for such services. Not sure if I really do.

Comments?

Update - I went for 35 and 42; advertising and software, in one country only - after all, that's what the mark is currently used for, and what I will use it for.

Let's see what happens. First time I filed a mark in this particular country.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regarding the latter option, I'd probably choose 36 (Insurance and financial), 38 (Telecommunications) and 42 (Computer, scientific & legal). I guess this would only make sense if I actually used to mark for such services. Not sure if I really do.

Typically, if you are providing advertising and directory services, then class 35 is appropriate.

The other classes would be appropriate only if you are using the mark in connection with providing the services yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom