Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To 301 or Not? That Is The Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeRohiLL

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows (I hope) about protecting good niche domain names by regging or catching ALL of the IMPORTANT TLD's, right?

Example: I own PerfectNicheDomainName.net. The .com was reg'ed, or i'd of got it. I went ahead and reg'ed the other PerfectNicheDomainName.TLD's, patiently waiting for the .com to expire. I develop PerfectNicheDomainName.net, make some money off Adsense, get myself a PR3, and steady traffic. .com drops, I pick it up. So now I own PerfectNicheDomainName.com, .net, .org, etc...

So now that I hold the flush in my hand, which TLD do I play?

• Is it safe to move to the .com?
  • Do I simply redirect all TLD's to .net, keeping the site where it is?
  • Should I content sites on all TLD's?
  • Park other TLD's?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

-Zh

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can 301 to the .com but if I had already developed on the .net and owned the .com I'd just redirect the .com and all other extensions to the .net. ;)

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on how established the .net site is. If you've been ranking for ages and have a large number of links I would just redirect the .com to the existing site.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't make a difference what you do, but I'd also 301 the .com to the .net since there is often a lag in search engines getting the 301 sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom