Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To Edit or Not to Edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could you please have the 'Edit' Post button available in All Areas of DNF and on All Post one would make - and not just seemingly random areas and post within DNF?

I'm starting to get pararanoid of making mistakes befour clicking Submitt. :S

Cheers! :)

Upvote 0

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed the same thing the other night and thought it was a fluke. I agree this should be put back. If anything DNF could make the thread not editable after a certain period of time in those particular categories like WHT

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think editing posts is possible in all areas except the "DNF News, Announcements, Support and Services" section... Maybe a tech-admin can give better advice though.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well - it's funny, your post above does not show an Edit option, but my post just above yours does have an Edit button.

...and this is all the "DNF News, Announcements, Support and Services" section.

Even if so, can it be put on All Post irregardless of section?

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NostraDomainus said:
Well - it's funny, your post above does not show an Edit option, but my post just above yours does have an Edit button.

...and this is all the "DNF News, Announcements, Support and Services" section.

Even if so, can it be put on All Post irregardless of section?
NostraDomainus, only moderators and admins can edit other people's posts. Regular members should only be able to edit their own posts (preventing abuse of the system). It's a standard vBulletin setup.

This is not an error or anything unusual. Most, if not all, forums have it set up this way.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes - I can see how my example was not the best one.

I was not trying to insinuate the changing of other peoples post is what I was talking about - I was talking strictly about my own.

I can Edit my Post in some areas of DNF - and not in others.

(Sure enough, in those sections where you can not edit your own post, I have many typos which haunt me. :-S)

The example I was trying to make was that as dodo1 tried to say, in this section, edit does not work, but it does! ...in this Thread, but not in my other Thread in this same section, so that doesn't seem to be the reason.

In the end, I would like to have the ability to Edit any and all of my post here @ DNF, and simply suggest it as a consideration towards improvement.

Maybe most people do not care to edit their post - I do not know, or it's a technical issue which cannot be resolved - again, I do not know.

Insight from an Admin would be appreciated - is it not possible or is it not wanted?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom