Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To more experienced, please help me understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc_web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to understand how search engine and overture is calculated for ccTLD for which there is no overture tool yet.

example .co.in extension.

If there is a hight overture in us for a ''keyword'' without ext , is it worth buying a .co.in with a similar keyword, if other TLDs are not available.

Will search engine rank .co.in only for indian market or will it include it in all over the world searches. What are the chances of it achieving high ranks in searches from US and UK.

The keyword I am talking about has a us overture of 330000 without ext , I dont think it would be similar in India and I guess, the traffic that I would like to have would be from English speaking countries like US and UK.

Please who have experience with similar .co.in or other ccTLD and get traffic from all over the world, help.

Thanks in advance

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on whether or not the person that replied wants your domain or not. LOL!!!

In my experience on this and other forums, it doesn't matter WHAT the OVT is, it will always be used to DEVALUE your domain.

I had a domain with 30,000 plus OVT per month and the answers I got ranged from "It wasn't the exact search" to "It wasn't with ext, so it's worthless" to "just because it has extension, doesn't mean people will go to the site" and other such nonsense.

The truth is that OVT should be used as a reference tool ONLY. To get a feel of how your particular keyword(s) may be searched and only via Yahoo and it's associated search engines. It WILL NOT give you a directly applicable analysis of what Google searches may be.

OVT has a tendancy to group results together, to include mispelled words in the search returns, to include entire phrases in the search returns. It is very, very inaccurate.

And yet people will argue on one day, that their domain is priceless because it is included with a search result and argue on the next that your domain is worthless becuase it didn't return an exact hit.

The moral of this story it to use OVT to see what keywords are searched related to your domain and use this information in your site Search Engine Optimization.

In the end, I've see ccTLDs and .TV type ext. at the top of the search engines... it's what you do with the DOMAIN that matters, not what OVT says about it.

If you believe in your domain and have a good feel about the traffic potential, Just do it.

Don't let the naysayers discourage you by using tools such as OVT to lower your impression of your domain. In the end, OVT will only reflect, in some small way, what you do with the domain. Not tell you its true potential.

Good luck to ya!

GoPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom