Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

To the Pros, a question about Scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montiahall

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
How do I know if an offer I get on a domain name I have is a scam? I recieved an offer and I looked up the email address and the extension was under "Domain blacklist" What do these scammers do if they start corresponding with you and whats thier goal? Thank in advance.:)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
every offer may not be a scam

reply by asking them to make an offer either within a range or minimum offer.

if they reply with something like....

We need an appraisal from "someappraisalservice.com" before making an offer then it's a scam.

Montiahall

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should I ask him to make an offer through Sedo where it's listed? I will ask him to make an offer and see where it goes.
I see what your saying, they may want to take your money by asking for some bogus appraisal?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Those random, generic "...my client is interested in your domain blah blah" emails are usually attempts to lowball. I point them to the URL parked at Sedo.

Montiahall

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right. It said his company develops domains as an investment. We'll if he makes an offer. Also asked if I had any others to offer.Thanks!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I know which one you mean, it's a "ping" email to either collect responses or attempt to take a domain at a low price. It's the same people using different domains. I think this last one was from a domain ending in .US ?

Montiahall

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It ended in .com, but how so you know if it's one of these "Ping" emails or legit? I think I'll only respond to offers thru Sedo URL pages. :/

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you'd paste here the email without the contact info I'd be able to tell you if we're talking about the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom