Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Today's Ebay Laugher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing like a 5-minute stop at Ebay a couple of times a week to get a good chuckle.

Check this boy out - he has a 3-character .com (of which hundreds are available at any time night or day for a reg fee).

You would think he would be happy to get his $15,000 opening bid, but he has a reserve on top of that to make sure no one steals that "rare" name from him!! :)

Ebay Auction

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose he is a French cybersquatter. Oh well at the very least he is going to have at least $6.00 more invested into that domain name now. Insertion fee. :rolleyes:

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Good humor. Keep them coming!

-Bob

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was in Mass in 1971 - 1972 in the service. enom is your source of service I see. Please tell me why. I like godaddy.com so I am just curious. I am still transferring names from old tucows and Netsol for various reasons. I really like your source codes at your domain name selling site. Is that software available to others? Again just curious. I like the way your site runs and looks. Very professional.:)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by oohdale
enom is your source of service I see. Please tell me why.

As is probably for a lot of other speculators, price is everything. A $1 difference in registration / renewal price over 500 names is $500 per year. I am a reseller at Tucows. I paid $10 there. At eNom, I pay $7. That saves me $1500/year. eNom's interface is pretty easy to use (although I do like OpenSRS' interface better, but not to the tune fo $3/name :D )

Other than that, I do not need all of the fancy stuff the registrars give. AllI need is the capability to set my DNS servers and administer the contact info. . .

I really like your source codes at your domain name selling site. Is that software available to others? Again just curious. I like the way your site runs and looks. Very professional.:)

I got it from _RJ_ who is a member here. You can purchase this piece of software (it is easy to configure and setup) at:

http://www.prophp.com/domseller.php

Happy Domaining :D

-Bob

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bob for that url. I was impressed with it before, now I am sure of it for that price. That was a golden nugget, thanks.:D

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, showcasing the entire portfolio on every domain is dangerous; it can easily establish the fact that one is offering domains for sale on a consistent basis when a dispute arises.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please explain that to me timechange. What you mean.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
basically if you get a c&d letter that goes to udrp (domain court) then the fact all of your names are listed as for sale may potentially damage your defense if you are saying you bought a domain solely for development or something along those lines...

but you could of course only use you domain seller script at your domain sales site (i.e. mine is hiphopdomains.com) and not redirect from each of your domains but of course you would lose potential buyers who may type in the domain to see what it is being used for.

Ciq

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
basically if you get a c&d letter that goes to udrp (domain court) then the fact all of your names are listed as for sale may potentially damage your defense if you are saying you bought a domain solely for development or something along those lines...

but you could of course only use you domain seller script at your domain sales site (i.e. mine is hiphopdomains.com) and not redirect from each of your domains but of course you would lose potential buyers who may type in the domain to see what it is being used for.

Ciq
I see, court does seem a real probable occasion if one did get a real good domain name and it made a company jealous. I hope that never happens but I guess it is possible these days. Thanks for opening my eyes this morning. Sometimes it seems hard for me to read between the lines.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom