Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Tonights auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I stopped by for a bit. pretty active but didn't say long as there was nothing on the list of interest to me. This might work when the bugs get worked out. The biggest problem is the large number of jerks that like to use this board! The auction will be great when its more polished, if people can be civil and follow the rules. Members here seem to have a problem with both.

Good luck to all here, and the new auction.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have heard rumours of tonight's auction! JH3 mentioned something terrible about it in another thread. The post here indicates as such, as well. Misbehavior. Etc.
Can someone please share ... what the heck happened in there tonight??
Thanks.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks like its gotten a lot better. Mainly it just had a few kinks in planning from it being new. Second people didn't really know what to do. Finally people would just not shut up in the begginning. It looks like most of that has been resolved. It is still going on, running much smoother. Currently on viw.net

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can we go in and watch ... is it in chat? Or, is it restricted? THIS would be interesting to watch. Thanks!

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it went fine. New people coming into the chat didn't know what was going on so we had to explain numerous times. But it was a learning experience for all.

After the bugs were worked out it went very smoothly. I'm sure there will be some improvements over the next week or so. The more people the more fun it is. Just because you don't like a name on the list don't let that keep you from showing up and supporting the idea.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will admit I was getting aggravated at times last night. It amazed me how quite a few people acted like school children at times. There were also times when the auction went smoothly.

the only real suggestions I have:

1- show an auction end (ie- "closed" for item or something along those lines)

2- keep bid increments at $1.00 (that was kind of exciting on a couple items)

3- Shorten bid time to 15 seconds, everyone has a list and know what they want and has (or should have) a set limit on how high they would go. If a person whats a name, then bid.

4- I did like the idea of a pre-bid on the auction list and only those names with min bid met goes on auction. If you close submission on Friday night, people have a over a day and a half to meet the min bid. This would clear any names that won't get a bid and speed things along.

Regardless of what happens, I will be back again.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will be back, especially if there is a name I have an interest in, or if I decide to list a name. The auction is likely only to get better when the kinks are worked out and they get a better jerk control system in place.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The auction had nothing awful going on. One member was a bit disruptive and he was booted and one cheated and was caught. There was a normal and to be expected amount of confusion and excitement but nothing to draw the few of you who wish you were there to view turmoil. Overall a huge success.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNQuest.com

2- keep bid increments at $1.00 (that was kind of exciting on a couple items)

I disagree....

izopod

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it a lot, but now there are plans to move it to Saturday nights in a couple of weeks, and that would prevent me from participating. Saturday night is the only night of the week my wife and I get to socialize and have a good time. I think a move to Saturday is a mistake. Does anyone agree? I understand the intent is to include the Europeans, but I'm afraid it will eliminate more people (Americans) than it will add.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that as the price rises so should the bid increments. The dollar increase on the higher priced active auctions seemed a bit out of place. I've run non internet auctions and dollar raises in active bidding at higher levels were frowned on. For the good of the auction and to spend things up, dollar raises over $50 doesn't make sense, after $100 it likely needs to be ten. That level should be fine for any name likely sold here in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom