Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Too Expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

super5net

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am a WWD reseller
When I purchase a domain, It takes $7.45-7.93,
$6.75 + (0.250000 * ($7.85 – $6.75)) * (1 + 0.025) + .25 = $7.45
It's really too expensive
Everyone can purchase a domain just only $6.95 on dnforumdomains

How a WWD reseller to make benefit?
And also need to pay the reseller plan fees $99 every years.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are many unfair practices too!
WWD Reseller Agreement is clear enough - WWD or related companies have no right to market to reseller's customers but they did! For example, WWD offers resellers' customers to sign up with Overture and PayPal. WWD gets nearly 15% from Overture and $1000 for every business customer from PayPal but they do not give a single cent to their resellers from that!!!

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats what my girl friend says to me in bed :undecided

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many percent of all resellers get back their $99.

anyone has statistics?

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
which one is your site acronym?

we are not breaking even either for the 2nd year.

promonde

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
super5net said:
I am a WWD reseller

I agree 100%

Mork

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
super5net said:
I am a WWD reseller

What get me is dnforumdomains is also a WWD reseller but somehow they are allowed to sell domains less than my minimum
I mean I have to charge at least $7.85 and they are selling for $6.95. :veryangry
What's up with that?

Mork

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Finexe said:
I wonder how many percent of all resellers get back their $99.

anyone has statistics?

I actually make some good income as I have a lot customers using my wwd account. As for the yearly $99 fee I payed it only the first year..since then they never charged me again :)

gwdguy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We made $4100 on our main reseller account last year and we are charging between $7.95-8.95 for domains. It is all depending on traffic and how you market. Could we make more money and try and do something with eNom or ?? Possibly so but we do not have to do anything at all. No deposits, no support, no nothing just put the site out there. We have been with WWD a couple of years and make back our $99 fee the first month easy.

Robert

gwdguy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also think Bob Parson is making a few $$ also :laugh:

Robert

fxdomains.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes.. We make back the $99 in the first 3-4 weeks or so.. There is money to be made on the programme but I also admit the margins are very slim. Their profit share system is quite unfair and the CC charges really eat into any real profit. I would also recommend keeping a very close watch at your reseller commision statistics as mistakes are made which can cost you money. Positive point is the reseller support. Although it can sometimes take quite a while to get a reply, they will fix things eventually.

I hope they will change their policies soon and give us hardworking resellers a bit more of the pie. Admittely we set our prices very low for our customers but to get $60 commision on a $2200 order is really depressing :-( (especially when you see the amount of charges (the CC charge on that order was almost $50 - why are we paying that ?).

Hope that helps,
Mike.

fxdomains.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry.. the $60 commision for the $2200 order I mentioned in previous post was incorrect. The actual commision I received for that huge order was... $6 (and some change).
They really reward hard work from their resellers don't they.

Not impressed.

I have dropped the 'president' of WWD an email with some suggestions on how to improve the programme for their resellers.

PS: Are WWD representatives actually reading this forum ? If yes, could they comment ?

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A $2200 order is good. $6 commission out of that purchase is not so good. But what you should pray not to happen is a chargeback for that $2200 order if it is primarily domain registrations!!! Because if that happens your commission account will be charged not $6 but $2200... They have the right to do that - look at your WWD reseller agreement!

fxdomains.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that is the case but I will pray anyway !

I think Mr. Parson should read these threads. I can't see much positive about the WWD reseller programme here. I wish he would stop taking the mickey out of his resellers, who in the end provide him with some money in the bank.
Out of that $2200 order, I was charged (!) around $55 transaction fee (so without that fee I would have gotten just over $60 commission). So I make a sale for him and as a thank you, he charges me the full transaction fee. It's depressing and in my opinion a very immoral way of doing business. Mr. Parson is publicly declaring war on Verisign and ICANN (which I find great) but in the background is using the same nasty business practises as the companies he is shooting down (In my humble opinion).

I very much hope he will reply to the email I sent him in a positive way as at the moment I feel all the hard work that went into our site and promoting it to the hilt has gone completely unrewarded. Is it just me or am I the only one who finds it strange that well performing resellers do not receive any incentives what-so-ever ?

Anyways. Rant over. Just dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom