Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Too many bad Keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

prempt

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of research of late wondering why my names on Sedo don't seem to get many hits. In doing so I found that for whatever reason, when google/yahoo etc. do their typical crawling on the web, almost 99 percent of all names that I have at sedo show the word search etc. as being the most used keyword.

Example, go to googlerankings.com type in the name of your domain and see what google thinks the keyword actually is. In almost all cases the word Search will be listed as the most used, in fact it will be mentioned in the domain content anywhere from 30-65 times.

So my question is this, since using Sedo's DNS (i.e. ns1.sedoparking.com) is by all accounts not the thing to do, what are the other suggestions for getting good keywords and still reaping PPC earnings while parking at Sedo? Because letting Sedo do the DNS is not working.

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

I'm afraid I don't really know what you mean by us 'doing' your DNS.
Do you mean letting us choose your keywords?

Do you know that you can enter your own keywords?
Have you used the Suggestion Tool under the Optimization tab of the parking section in your Sedo menu?

Is that what you mean?
If not, please send me an email and explain the specifics of your query. I can then look into the situation for you and try to find a solution. Have a good weekend!
Nora Cotter
> Key Account Manager
> _______________________________________________
...snip...
>... 49 (212)-202-3951
> email: nora@sedo.com :: url: www.sedo.com
>
> _______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
having your names parked on sedo does not enhance and boost up the amount of incoming traffic to your domain on a daily basis... by that i mean it neither draws/increases the visitors whatsoever... what does help is if your domain is a generic type-in or a domain with many incoming links where hundreds of other sites link to and you have certain queries/results indexed on all of the top search engines... if your domain is for example basketball.com you should expect alot of visitors per day simply from type ins, if your domain was never developed and/or advertised in one way or another... an example of such domain would be basketball-leagues-ny.com... no search engine, keyword or "DNS" will help you get traffic to your domain because your domain "basketball-leagues-ny.com" draws no type-in traffic, has no results on any search engine and quiet frankly is of no interest to anybody on the web... so why in the world would somebody visit that domain?

If you want to have your domain indexed and to be included within all of the seach engines such as google and yahoo you should read up on search engine optimization and placement... you can start by reading some of the posts/articles over at http://searchguild.com

prempt

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

I did what you asked and it also said(think I may have phrased it wrong), what I was saying. I.E.
"When considering keyword density a good rule of thumb is four keyword phrases per 250-300 words or for longer pages 8-10 times in 500 words. This equates to a keyword density of 1.6 – 2% per page".

Whats happening with my Sedo parked pages is that the word "Search" is being used anywhere from 30-60+ times. This is after I optimize with a good keyword. So even if I subit my site to lets say yahoo.com, when the site is crawled the word "Search", since it is used a whole lot more then any other word, will show up as the most likely keyword.(This is when sites use content versus <meta> tags.). And a whole lot of SEO's use content now, google being at the top of that list.

So the obvious question for me at this point, is would it be better to host my own page with embedded keywords, and then forward the traffic to my Sedo parked page, versus setting my DNS for that site as ns1.sedoparking.com.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators