Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Too many price reductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just had a thread closed for too many price reductions. What is this? While it was system generated, this is a flaw in the forum. It wasn't a useless bump; it was a further price reduction. I should be able to reduce the price as many times as I want.

Upvote 0

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't look at what thread was closed yet but:

12. Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. You must have a minimum price reduction of 10% to post a price reduction as a bump. Otherwise, edit the original post and do not bump! Do not use sneaky bump tactics like "If you PM me, post in the thread that you PM'd me". No "PM sent" replies to threads. There are too many bump tactics to list, so please just don't try any of them. Trading bumps is not permitted, you bump for me, I bump for you, etc., so even if there's no harm intended, do not bump others' threads because you think it's a good deal, or the recipient will feel obligated to bump your thread, and you can see where this will lead. As a seller, you can reply to an offer but you must have some new/additional information. Maximum bumps/replies/updates is 3 for the life of the thread. All sales threads which are inactive and more than 3 months old are considered null and void unless otherwise stated by the original poster / seller and can be closed by administration at any time.

For the longest time we had people bumping their thread for months on end with price reductions on one or two domains (out of a long list) or $1000 - $900 - $810 - $729 - $656 - $590 - $531 - $478 - $430 - $387 - $348 - $313 - $282 - $254 - $228 - $205 - $185 (and so on) style reductions.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I guess I need to read more closely. Understood. Thanks Draggar.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could possibly create a dutch auction forum them :)

chrisb72

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A dutch oven forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom