Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Totalnic - check your accounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone having accounts at Totalnic, check them asap.
They have just been "taken over" by Pacnames and the control panel has changed.
I eventually got into the panel but not before finding out that they had changed my login details wihout informing me and had changed the Registrant contact email address to an address that did not exist!
I am now trying to get my two names away from them but am getting the usual round of Registrar "games" to avoid them losing them.
Have sent copy emails to Duke's suggested [email protected] contact.

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw that, likely totalnic was not acquired. It is my belief that totalnic had such a sour name in this industry they decided to abandon it and start over. The new site still has "no" options for unlocking domains. I can't wait until November when they will legally have to abide by the same transfer process as other registrars.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh great! And I was just going to relax tonight and buy some names!
Off to tnic......

LOL,

"To thank you for your cooperation during this period, PacNames is offering a special discount of only $12.95 for 1 year domain registrations and renewals. [Offer valid to 14 October 2004 only!] "

Umm guys it's October 22....

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I never registered a domain there by choice. I purchased some names from buydomains.com and they happened to be there. Now they are held hostage.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah most just have some there from drop catchers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wasn't totalnic the completely bulletproof registrar that no domains could be taken out of, much to the despair of their owners?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The registrant email address was not changed, but was created due to a new ICANN.org policy requiring that all Registrants must have an email address listed and the old TotalNIC system did not have a facility to allow for a registrant contact email address.

That makes sense - don't ask the Registrant for an email address, just make one up that doesn't exist.

They have changed the login "handle" to the Admin email address, but say that they haven't changed anything as all of that information existed before - however again they haven't told anyone about the changes so only they know. :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom