Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trade domains for public stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever approached a company with the intention of trading a domain name for stock in that company? I was thinking about approaching a company, and was wondering if I should negotiate with cash and/ or stocks, or not.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They will probably offer stock options and screw you in the long run :)

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have a point, and I was also worried about TM issues. So I have placed the name on Ebay and emailed them to notify them about the auction. I hope it goes well.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If there is a federal trademark on the name and the company that you contacted owns that TM, then you may have created a trademark infringement or cybersquatting issue.

You might want to consult the legal section or go to an attorney who handles these matters routinely.

- Sincerely,

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This strategy may work, the new Ebay owner might wind up with the TM headaches :)

Actually, you might just force the issue sooner rather than later. Better to find out, and maybe get a better sale price if they have a weak position regarding the TM.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sure any TM issue would be pretty weak since it's a generic 3 letter acronym.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, it is wpp.net.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by brn2h8
yes, it is wpp.net.

OK. Which (public) company are you targeting? And, how much stock do you expect for this domain name?? Hopefully, with more info we can be of better assistance here.
Thanks.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, a few days ago I placed the name on Ebay and notified a few companies. I figured it would be much easier that way, but I appreciate you taking the time to try and help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom