Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Trademark Attorney Wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A long time ago (almost 2 full yrs) I submitted my own application for a US Trademark electronically. Since that time long ago there have been many emails, letters and phone calls back and forth about various issues and problems with my documentation and application.

The latest call was a few days ago from the very helpful and incredibly nice trademark office attorney. She spent almost an hour on the phone politely and in a friendly way saying she deeply regrets that in all likelihood she will need to reject my application. That was one of a number of long telephone calls to and from her. She is amazingly nice and helpful.

She also said she will try to wait a bit longer before denying the TM to give me time to hire a trademark attorney as we feel that is the only way I could possibly get it approved (due to my lack of knowledge on some issues), at least on the Supplementary Registry (not Primary), but she say's even then it may not go thru.

Trouble is I know a few domain attorneys thru this forum but they do not normally handle trademarks from what I am told. Does anyone here know a good trademark attorney who they know is sharp and perhaps can get my TM approved (with reasonable cost), at a minimum in the secondary registry? Thanks.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I may ask, why did she indicate you should have an attorney in order to get it approved. Can't she just explain in plain English what items you need to be more clear on?

Also do people typically try to get on the secondary registry in hopes of getting approved for the primary registry one day?

While I have no first hand knowledge of them, you might look at:
http://www.4trademark.com/

Best of luck with your Trademark! Might file with your state as well.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain said:
...While I have no first hand knowledge of them, you might look at: http://www.4trademark.com/ Best of luck with your Trademark! Might file with your state as well.

Missed that before about the state TM. Yes, I successfully filed one in my state and even in a different state too. Problem is I doubt it gives nationwide protection and my website is nationwide service.

Regarding your link it seems they are merely a TM filing service and likely do not handle taking over an already filed application or any special handling required as in my case.

Anyone else? Surely someone here must know a good reasonably priced trademark attorney, perhaps some of the domain attorney members may suggest a colleague?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really surprised out of so many dnf members no one can suggest a good trademark attorney? I am sure many here have trademarks but perhaps they thought their attorney was not the best or over-priced? Also interesting why none of the well known domain attorneys who frequent here can not recommend a colleague?

Does anyone know if there is a trademark forum board, where I may have better success with some help? Thank you.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shaun, much appreciated. Those forums seem very informative and valuable. Will spend more time on them later today.

However, still hoping someone here who I know thru dnf can personally suggest an Intellectual Property attorney as I value a personal recommendation more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom