Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trademark Blunder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I regged an LLLLabcd.com (not actual domain) last month. Today I decided to run a trademark search only to discover that a trademark for LLLL was registered exactly 2 weeks before my TLD reg.

Now the company that owns the LLLL trademark doesn't even own the .com or the .net, which were both regged by 2 entirely different companies, more than a year prior to the trademark registration. A trademark history of LLLL shows that an attempt was made to trademark the term in 1998. But the registration was abandoned. The trademark term represents a particular type of technology that has been progressively getting better.

I firmly believe that if the technology becomes successful, it will become a solid trademark that will be used universally. Heck, the term might even be added to the dictionary. I checked the trademark holder. While it is a tech company, its core business isn't directly related to the technology.

LLLL.org is available and I'm uncertain whether to reg it given what I now know. Not suprisingly, the 2 companies that own the .com and .net conduct business in the same industry. What is the possibility that the trademark holder could come after us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom