Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trademark Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
receive an email from Godaddy on trademark infringement,
All I do is post Coupon Codes from Godaddy on my site, I see several other sites doing the same thing, I'm wondering if other domainers have also come across this issue. I had no intention to infringe on their trademark, I simply was posting coupon codes from them and other domain registrars.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, simply email them back and tell them (and show them) what you are doing and sign up as a godaddy affiliate.

You are one of hundreds promoting their business.

kbm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm already an affiliate, I've already stated that other sites do the same, but there is some issue with using their logo, hardly seems something that important to send me a trademark infringement email over. I was caught of, it seems quite vague at first everything in between, etc. I removed the url of the site here.

Please note that the issue at hand is not the coupon codes. You may keep the coupon codes posted on . However, you are not permitted to use theGoDaddy.com Logo or any other Go Daddy Marks without authorization. Therefore, in order to resolve this issue, please remove the GoDaddy.com Domains, websites & everything* in between! Logos from .

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you cant use anyones logo on your site, your violating TM laws. You can only display html codes, etc that is authorized by godaddy to display. anything designed using their logo in the background, etc is a violation!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm already an affiliate, I've already stated that other sites do the same, but there is some issue with using their logo, hardly seems something that important to send me a trademark infringement email over. I was caught of, it seems quite vague at first everything in between, etc. I removed the url of the site here.
All I can think is, Gee...it sure would have been nice to post the email rather than make reference to it.

Why even bother start a thread about TM infringement when you have the issue and the resolution right in your hands.

It is more a TOS issue than a TM issue.

The time it took you to start a thread you could have spent on resolving the issue. And the time I took to post twice is a totally useless thread I could have spent giving someone else a rough time.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can use logos is parody; see GoDaddy-approved GoMilfy.com

Lol, that is great.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

I like how all the links are to parked pages though, lmfao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom