Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trademark Question on LLL.com's

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockshark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that a few LLL.com's that come up for sale have trademarkes on them according to tess. 90% of the time these are not dictionary words, they are random letters that don't mean anything other than the initials of a company, or many companies as the case may be. Does this present a trademark issue if you buy the domain? The reason I am asking is that many times the LLL.com's are selling in the thousands of dollars..... is it safe to purchase these and not worry that you'll get a letter a week later to turn the domain over, losing your entire investment?

Anyone have any issues here, or any advice and what to do?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's an issue with them as long as you're not 'passing off' or otherwise actively taking advantage of the TM owner's business.

D

Deleted member 70408

Look up MBF.com and KOL.com. There is always a risk. I guess it really depends on how you use (or don't use) the domain name. I think you have to be extra careful using ppc parked pages on LLL.com names that are also listed in the USPTO to ensure that you aren't advertising products from the company who owns the TM. This could be used against you in a UDRP as attempting to profit from their TM. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom