Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trademark Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own a domain that is the name of several trademark owners of various services, products, etc. Not only are there trademarks but also a band with the name, as well as several other corporations/companies with the name around the world. Would I be asking for trouble soliciting the sell of this name? Or is it in my favor because this is a widely used name?

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always caution against offering to sell. However, if it is a common word or descriptive term, you would be safer. But even offering a common word or term for sale could invite a tm holder to take you on -- even if their case is weak, forcing you to defend it.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I thought about blasting out a few emails because I know it would sell but I guess i'll wait for the approach and see how things go with that. One of them if not several will come along soon I'm sure. Every extension known and unknown to man as well as xxxxxx-usa.com, etc. are being used by these co's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom