Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TradeMark Questions, Please help, very simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few quick questions. I want to put a trademark on tshirtworld.com.

1. Do I have to pay for a different trademark for each of example (tshirtworld, t-shirt world, tshirtworld, tshirtworld.com, etc...)

Also the USPT site says:

(1) $325 per international class if using the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS)
(2) $375 per international class if submitting paper Amendments or Responses to Office Actions: (1) $325 per additional international class when the fee is paid as part of a TEAS amendment or response
(2) $375 per additional international class when the fee is paid as part of a paper amendment or response

What does this international class mean. How much for domestic?

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
byalik said:
I have a few quick questions. I want to put a trademark on tshirtworld.com.

1. Do I have to pay for a different trademark for each of example (tshirtworld, t-shirt world, tshirtworld, tshirtworld.com, etc...)

Also the USPT site says:

(1) $325 per international class if using the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS)
(2) $375 per international class if submitting paper Amendments or Responses to Office Actions: (1) $325 per additional international class when the fee is paid as part of a TEAS amendment or response
(2) $375 per additional international class when the fee is paid as part of a paper amendment or response

internation means world wide trademark , other are from state to state our country to country ,

its not worth the money , unless you are making xx.xxx of the site a month

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This reminds me of a suggestion long ago that we keep down home heating costs by changing from British Thermal Units (btu's) to measure heating capacity, and instead use our own.

The USPTO uses a classification system of goods and services to associate a registered trademark with a category of goods and services. They used to use a classification system of their own, but have more recently changed to an internationally-recognized system that puts all goods and services into one of 41 classes.

Here is a list of classes in the international classification system:
http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/tac/tmfaq.htm#Application018

Okay, so let's say I started a company that makes paint and lubricants, and I want to register my mark for use on both paint and lubricants. Paint is in international class 2 and lubricants are in international class 5. If I want to register my mark in both classes, and I file online, then I am going to have to pay $325 per international class to register the mark.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get a trademark with the ".com" as part of the name; under USPTO policy, a TLD is irrelevant for determining source identifying significance. Either the stuff to the left of the .com is trademarkable by itself or it isn't; adding .com doesn't change that, and it only makes you look like part of the silly dot-bomb lemming herd of 2000.

kfordahl

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also found further up on the page jberryhill referenced (the link), see this:

Do I need an attorney to file my application?

No, although it may be desirable to employ an attorney who is familiar with trademark matters. An applicant must comply with all substantive and procedural requirements of the Trademark Act and the Trademark Rules of Practice even if he or she is not represented by an attorney. The names of attorneys who specialize in trademark law may be found in the telephone yellow pages, or by contacting a local bar association. The USPTO cannot aid in the selection of an attorney. (emphasis added)

By the questions you have, I suspect that hiring an attorney who specializes in trademark law would be very helpful.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's put it this way: either invest in yourself and be prepared to make mistakes,
or invest in an experienced attorney and have less hassles and more time for
your other priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom