Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trademark registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I want to register a trademark under on of my domain names
The domain name is registered in Europe and i want register a trademark in the US

Can anyone please tell me how much does it usually cost to register a trademark in the US in 3 categories and advice me a lawyer for consultation ?

Best Regards,
Namesniper

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
About $375 per category if you do it by yourself at USPTO.gov.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's John Berryhill (jberryhill) and Howard Neu (HOWARD).

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are running a TV commercial here in the U.S.

A patient is on the phone with his doctor. And, the doctor
is telling the patient how to do an operation on his own stomach.

For something this important, it is worth spending a few extra dollars
and have a "pro" do the paperwork.

A simple omission can make your application and TM vulnerable to refusal.

If it is worth $ 1,000. Then, it should be worth $ 1,500 - $ 2,000.

(I know. Yes. It is easy to spend someone elses money.) :-D

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange,I have emailed him several times now,he has replied and asked for details but its been 3 days now and no reply
I see he is posting often but..
Any ideas ?

davezan1 said:
There's John Berryhill (jberryhill) and Howard Neu (HOWARD).

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameSniper.com said:
Strange,I have emailed him several times now,he has replied and asked for details but its been 3 days now and no reply
I see he is posting often but..
Any ideas ?

Just wait. Everbody's busy with their respective priorities, you know. :)

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope so,at least i have heard a lot of good things about him.. :)

davezan1 said:
Just wait. Everbody's busy with their respective priorities, you know. :)

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recommend using an attorney. But, I was able to successfully reg my mark by myself at uspto.gov. Basically, find a mark that is already registered in the category you need, for the goods and services. It is ok to use the exact same wording from existing marks for your mark, and this way, it will be hard for them to deyny your mark just on wording. They can still deny it if it is similar to somebody elses mark in the same categories. You will almost always get a non final action refusal, and you must respond to these in a timely fashion. I think I got lucky, and I recommend you use a lawyer.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks i will try
Btw i havent heard back from John B ever..

NexSite said:
I recommend using an attorney. But, I was able to successfully reg my mark by myself at uspto.gov. Basically, find a mark that is already registered in the category you need, for the goods and services. It is ok to use the exact same wording from existing marks for your mark, and this way, it will be hard for them to deyny your mark just on wording. They can still deny it if it is similar to somebody elses mark in the same categories. You will almost always get a non final action refusal, and you must respond to these in a timely fashion. I think I got lucky, and I recommend you use a lawyer.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameSniper.com said:
Thanks i will try
Btw i havent heard back from John B ever..

You seem very impatient. Keep in mind that these are REAL attorneys, and as such their time is very valuable. Not to mention the fact that it has been less than 3 days -- two of which were a weekend. You sound like my 3 year old complaining two hours after dinner, "I haven't eaten in FOREVER".

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Out of hundreds of pieces of email I receive daily:

a) a good deal of them are spam, and though I use multiple filters on my email, some spam gets through and some legitimate email is thrown out;

b) quite a few are communications from clients. Last week, between Wednesday and Friday, I drafted and filed responses to three UDRP complaints, and had a total of about five hours sleep;

c) then there are random inquiries. A lot of people write to me with what seem to be simple questions, but which actually require quite a bit of time to address. More often than not, the questions are too simple to get an idea of what might be involved in actually addressing the problem stated in the question, and I'll ask a few follow up questions to get some idea of (1) what I might be able to do, and (2) how long it would take and how much it would cost. Most of the time, I never hear back. I probably spend about two hours a day wasting time that way.

Ten random emails a day at 15 minutes a piece is more than an hour and a half. Some days I have that kind of time, and some days I don't. Last week? No way.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its been 7th day today,but you better take care of your child and NOT me
The topic is a trademark registration NOT you or your child !

FLe8 said:
You seem very impatient. Keep in mind that these are REAL attorneys, and as such their time is very valuable. Not to mention the fact that it has been less than 3 days -- two of which were a weekend. You sound like my 3 year old complaining two hours after dinner, "I haven't eaten in FOREVER".

Hello John,

Of course its fine but i dint know if you are going to reply ever or not since i didnt heard anything back and i dint know that you are simply too busy
I was in hurry due to an issue(will tell you by email)

Best Regards,
Namesniper

jberryhill said:
Out of hundreds of pieces of email I receive daily:

a) a good deal of them are spam, and though I use multiple filters on my email, some spam gets through and some legitimate email is thrown out;

b) quite a few are communications from clients. Last week, between Wednesday and Friday, I drafted and filed responses to three UDRP complaints, and had a total of about five hours sleep;

c) then there are random inquiries. A lot of people write to me with what seem to be simple questions, but which actually require quite a bit of time to address. More often than not, the questions are too simple to get an idea of what might be involved in actually addressing the problem stated in the question, and I'll ask a few follow up questions to get some idea of (1) what I might be able to do, and (2) how long it would take and how much it would cost. Most of the time, I never hear back. I probably spend about two hours a day wasting time that way.

Ten random emails a day at 15 minutes a piece is more than an hour and a half. Some days I have that kind of time, and some days I don't. Last week? No way.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameSniper.com said:
Its been 7th day today,but you better take care of your child and NOT me
The topic is a trademark registration NOT you or your child !

LOL. Okay, point taken. Did not know it had been 7 days -- your original post was 3 days ago... assumed you had not contacted him until after posting. Besides, I was just drawing an analogy of your use of the word "ever". Struck me as funny, that's all. Good luck with your TM issue.

NameSniper.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok and good luck with you names sale

FLe8 said:
LOL. Okay, point taken. Did not know it had been 7 days -- your original post was 3 days ago... assumed you had not contacted him until after posting. Besides, I was just drawing an analogy of your use of the word "ever". Struck me as funny, that's all. Good luck with your TM issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom