Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

trademarking a domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerox

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello there a few of my domains were hijacked last week. I got them back. I heard I could "trademark" my domain, so if it was hijacked, I could just sue and get it back, is this true? If so can I have a link to where I can do it. Thanks

xerox

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Network Solutions.

He hijacked my domains, Netsol gave them back to me Yesterday, then he hijacked them again and Netsol gave them back to me again last night. They are insecure as shit. I want something where I can sue the shit out of someone if they do this and Netsol.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow.. you must be holding some valuable cyber property..

netsol/nwsolutions is my least fav. registrar, although I do have 3 domains through them, but that's all the money they'll ever get from me.

Check NetSol features, they may also have a "name lock" feature which will secure your names.

main thing.. is you got your names back.

make copies of all corrospondence, if needed in the future.

xerox

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there any kind of document I can buy that says I own a domain

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by xerox
Is there any kind of document I can buy that says I own a domain
quite simply xerox '-) or print out your original registration documents.. this is your proof of ownership.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NetSol doesn't send paper invoices anymore.

I would suggest moving the domains away from NetSol asap! I hope that jerk gets nailed.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am curious what hi-jacking method is being used here.

It seems odd that you seem bound and determined to keep these domain names at NSI, given the repeated hi-jackings.

If you are not using the domain names as trademarks, then, no, you cannot obtain trademark registration of them.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm still getting paper invoice from NetSol for the few domain names I have with them.

And yes, NetSol even let another guy take over my handle (name, e-mail, everything) TWICE. Lucky that was not a hostile intent but a procedural error. But you can guess how well their security is.

By the way, I don't think you need a trademark to get a hijacked domain back. Hijacking is an illegal action per se, n'est-ce pas?.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I have read the way these guys hijack is generally because they were able to compromise the administrative email address. I advise everybody to have a secure email, not yahoo, not aol, not hotmail, email, myownemail, etc... Many of these types of accounts passwords can be cracked just by the receiver opening the email. Then these hijackers can request passwords for accounts or request transfers and approve them. Im gonna knock on wood but I havent been hijacked yet. Advice. Get as far away as VeriSlime as you can, as they have repeatedly put the onus on the customer for not paying extra for higher security levels. They are neither the cheapest, and nowhere near the best, and I cant for the life of me figure out why anybody stays with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom