Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trademarks - Similar Web-Site Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am interested in creating a Forum Web-Site, which provides similar services as well, using a popular Web-Sites DomainName + Forum, i.e., domainname-forum.com. Is this legal or not. I will state clearly that the site is in no way affiliated with that site. The site's name is different than it's corporation name as well.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
Hello all. I am interested in creating a Forum Web-Site, which provides similar services as well, using a popular Web-Sites DomainName + Forum, i.e., domainname-forum.com. Is this legal or not. I will state clearly that the site is in no way affiliated with that site. The site's name is different than it's corporation name as well.

It should be ok as long as not related to any word marks, you will be consider as competition only. But to make sure you cover your base, check with your local attorney for professional advise.

Cheers,
Em

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
domainname-forum.com.

No you are safe to do so, as long as the terms are very generic and not exclusive to any site of a similar name in operation.

however if it is a famous trademark, then you will need permission..

FanBased Sites and Parody Sites are in most cases ok.. I have not heard of any cases that used the term forum.. but you should note that simply adding the word forum does not infringe any less on a trademark.

Again if its a famous trademark, you will be under more pressure to ensure that the content and members do not Dilute the registered trademark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom