Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TRAFFIC AUCTON Software is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

paidvisit.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a joke no video no audio now asking to call and bid instead of bidding online and you go into ryan steels vocemail one of "ricks" employees lol If I had a name in the auction I would be pissed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was told they're updating the phone numbers on the web site. Stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

TRAFFIC is resuming tomorrow 10:00am Pacific time.

paidvisit.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just heard they canceled the auction and will have it at 11 AM EST

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Paidvisit, that's incorrect - auction will resume where it was paused at 10:00 am Pacific - that's 1:00 pm Eastern. See Latonas.com for more info.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A horrible mess...!!

I was getting audio & video online - but not with a 4-6 sec delay (as the organisers said) - I had a full 20 Sec delay....!!....That meant auctions had closed (and the next auction had begun) before I even knew what the bid that won the previous auction was - let alone having a chance to bid, myself...!!

The 'Place Bid' function froze several times in mid-auction - so, bidding at all on most names was impossible.

Just hopeless

Moral of the story: NEVER use new, untested, software for a real-time, time-sensitive, financial exercise...

Rick did the right thing to cancel the auction...No online bidders could play...

Only prob is....the rescheduled time is 5am in the morning for me.......they'll probably lose me as a bidder...

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick was right to pause the auction here's the email that went out:::

Due to technical difficulties, I've made the difficult decision to pause the auction and restart it tomorrow on Proxibid.com/ricklatona. The new time will be 10:00 am Pacific on Saturday morning. That's 1:00 pm on the East Coast or 19:00 central European time.

After hundreds of hours of testing our system, it broke. I don't know what caused it but I promise that I will find out!

I feel just terrible about it and personally responsible. I sincerely apologize to everyone.

I really think stopping the auction when I did was the right thing to do. I just couldn't let it continue without people having the ability to bid online.

The lots that sold before I paused the auction are going to stay sold. We are starting from where we stopped. Therefore, this will be the lot order:

340 RealEstate.co.za 30,000 USD to 40,000 USD
350 Stutter.com 5,000 USD to 10,000 USD
355 HN.ca 10,000 USD to 20,000 USD
360 GolfClothing.com 2,000 USD to 3,000 USD
370 FloorDisplays.com 2,000 USD to 3,000 USD
375 W9.ca 1,000 USD to 2,000 USD
380 BookBetting.com 300 USD to 400 USD
390 GamblingTours.com 2,000 USD to 3,000 USD
395 ItsComplicated.com 5,000 USD to 10,000 USD

--------Instead of posting the complete list I've posted the link to see the list -------------
http://www.latonas.com/auctions.prt?action=viewAuction&auctionId=2

Hope this helps everyone.

It's too bad it happened but as we all know Murphy's Law ... A lot of people use the Windows platform and they've had years and it still doesn't work without bugs ... Keep up the good work Rick!

Last edited:

paidvisit.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with starting where they left off is there are several people I know who could not bid on names and were going to. I have a friend who is opening a store on the beach in Ft Lauderdale called "Sunburns" it is a combo beach store with usual beach junk and a bar/club/restraunt attached bearing the same name. he was willing to go to 50k on that name. Have another friend who also could not bid and I believe would have ended up a winner on one and I was after one early and a few late that were X,XXX names and maybe one xx,xxx

Tough position to be in. Sellers will be pissed less bids buyers pissed couldnt buy and then if you start over you piss off original buyers. This ends up being a huge black eye on the conference

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*I think the main objective of the auction is to get the max value of the sellers domain. That is the whole basis of the auction and why a seller submits names.

that being said...

Rick had a tough call to make, he made the call and we have to move forward. I'm sure there was a moment of hoping it would get fixed?, Should we call it?, What do we do? How long do we wait? been there it's not easy... I'm sure he was asking/getting advice from others around him and under lots of pressure ... Damn!!! so much work and then this tech crap happens.

There needs to be some kind of policy put in place for this sort of thing in the future.

In general its easy to get mad, but It was a no win situation...somebody was going to be upset.

I feel sorry for Rick and his team and hope the rest of the auction goes well.

You can't please them all.

Good Luck Guys

D

Deleted member 70408

he was willing to go to 50k on that name.

I am sure your friend will really appreciate knowing that you broadcast his maximum bid price, so now when he tries to buy it from the guy who ended up with it, that will be where negotiations begin. Nice work.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, total wasted time last night. I guess Moniker is laughing yesterday.

At least Godaddy auction always work for me.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand all the news with the live auction ( a lot of poor names accepted to that thing, but than again, a lot of great names as well), but whats the news on the extended auctions? I have seen no mention of them, absolutely no exposure for these names... Were the accepting them for the auctions based solely on the point where they would have control over the sales for the next 60 days and their commission no matter who sells it?

I am not at all impressed with the current state of this auction, but I do have hope for it in the future, just sucks to have to be a test dummy.

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zurc, I agree.

Latona has the money and conviction to make future auctions successful. I can't understand why there wasn't a backup system in place - based upon a new bidding system being used for the first time. I assume the testing was done with the anticipated volume of people who were on the system.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Here is the link for the 11:00 am pst auction resumption:

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/AuctionsByCompany.asp?ahid=2705

paidvisit.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He was with me when I typed it and had no problem with it. There was already a backup plan in place if something happened. Whats really funny is we were using my office where I have a t1 line to make sure we didnt have any connection problems.

i have yet to see an online bid today

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am seeing plenty on the online live auction... i am just upset nothing for the extended auction has been announced publicly... other than some small text on their site banner...

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

A whole lot of passing going on here... I haven't been watching the entire time, does anyone know if anything over $49k has sold?

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zurc, I only saw the $49 dietfood figure.

I had some pre-bids in. Negligently, I didn't realize these were cancelled with the change to proxybid.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zurc, I only saw the $49 dietfood figure.

I had some pre-bids in. Negligently, I didn't realize these were cancelled with the change to proxybid.

They sent out a email last night and this morning before the auction started stating this, it is also posted on their site (not in a very convenient place though, I have to say).

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they should atleast be redirection the "auctions" or "active auctions" link to proxybid instead of a page that says "No active auctions for this category" makes anyone who visits the site think there is nothing going on... I understadn they have links else where, but come on now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom