Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Traffic Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhilbrands

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
First post here have been busy reading everything and what I am really interested in doin is buying traffic domains. I was wondering if I could get some tips on the best tools and resources to purchasing expiring traffic domains. First off thinkin about upgrading here to exclusive for the tools and help. Second I have read here that domainsbot.com is supposed to be a pretty good tool as well. Thanks in advance for the help.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! First of all traffic domains are very very tough , if you buy expired domains then you are doing no more than guessing at what traffic the domain will get and for how long, you can spend a lot of money chasing , for example I reged a drop with 70,000+ backlinks and it was a dud , zero traffic , there was a lesson I learned there , where the backlinks were was totaly insugnificant , I think you are better off buying from the owners and having them prove the traffic before you buy, just my opinion.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buying off drops is great, as long as you have some knowledge.

A name with 70,000 links will only get traffic if the links are high quality, you probably should have done more research to determine that. I reg a name or two everyday (spend $8 each on them) and I have found many that get 10-20 unique visitors everyday.

Over time that really builds up - you just need a few bucks to start out and a little knowledge about link popularity and the overture search suggestion tool.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Always fully research the domain, links into it and their quality.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hi..., so brand new, but- "looks good" domains without traffic not valueble?

bhilbrands

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the help and replies. I dont think that because a domain doesnt have traffic coming to them makes then invaluable but I am just targeting domains with traffic or trying to :) So what tools does everyone use to check link popularity, find good drops, etc. Thanks again!

Promediary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try Dropwatch.com. It's the best and most useful domain research utility suite on the Web. Nothing else even comes close.

I guess Domainut was too humble to suggest it :)

MasterOfMyDomain

Co-Founder & CEO of Book Like A Boss
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BlogTraff.com can be registered.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scott much appreciated.

bhilbrands

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok Dropwatch.com does seem to be the best out there as far as my research and referrels go but I haven't tried it yet. So I imagine a lot of people use Dropwatch.com + other tools so are the lists pretty picked through and do you think your odds are better landing a domain by using Dropwatch and such? Then after you find a good few domains try to get them somewhere like pool,enom,etc. ? Thanks again for the help just want to make sure I got this down.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bhilbrands said:
Ok Dropwatch.com does seem to be the best out there as far as my research and referrels go but I haven't tried it yet. So I imagine a lot of people use Dropwatch.com + other tools so are the lists pretty picked through and do you think your odds are better landing a domain by using Dropwatch and such? Then after you find a good few domains try to get them somewhere like pool,enom,etc. ? Thanks again for the help just want to make sure I got this down.

The lists of expiring and expired domains are released to all members at the same time. An email is sent out to each member as soon as the stats are compiled each day.

I just posted an overview of the steps to take when you want an expiring domain, have a look at my Expired Domain Blog for some tips on getting started in the domain biz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom