Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Traffic Dropped-off. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnitty

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm new to parking, so forgive my ignorance.

I just started parking some domains that normally get ~3,500 uniques per day. I've had them parked for five or six days and the traffic shown by the parking company shows only ~33% of that now. I know there's a delay (up to 48 hours?) for servers around the world to update sometimes, but it has been much longer than that. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the numbers may have declined? I watched the stats for many months and it was always above 3,000, so it's definitely something technical (not just a sudden lack of interest in my key words).

99% of my traffic is from China, so I wonder if that could account for it somehow or could there be any other reasons? Or could it be with the parking company (I'm using NameDrive)?

It seems I could be earning three times more if I could get the stats back to normal. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, etc. would be much apprecieted.

Thanks

diddle32

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does Namedrive count traffic from China? Many PPC companies don't.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many parking companies have a 'unique visitor' count, this can be as long as 1 month, therefore if one visitor clicks onto your site more than once in that period it will only count as 1 visit, even though they may visit the site every day!

Also of course spiders are not counted by parking companies as visits, this could be a small amount of the drop alone. Then of course we have all wondered about the difference in visitor numbers between parking companies themselves, but unfortunately you will get used to it as we all have (biting our tongues).

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's probably because of the origin of the traffic, most parking providers filter out china traffic

try dopa.com - they specialize in chinese traffic

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
China traffic sucks ...to most parking companies

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its summer

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they way the OP describes it... there has been an acute drop in traffic .. it couldn't be because of the summer

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it type in traffic from china? I mgith be interested in buying. PM me details.

tnitty

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses everyone...

Well, it's been about ten days and the numbers are still way down. I was told perhaps it's because the domains dropped out of the search engines when I parked them. I had always assumed it was all type-in traffic, but who knows.

I don't think it has anything to do with uniques, as someone suggested above, since my Google Analytics data accounted for that.

Anyway, it is what it is. Perhaps I'll experiment with other parking sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom