Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Traffic East Domain Submitting Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I submitted domains for the Traffic East Auction in May,

I got a email back saying to fill the 2 forms out.

I did them both, then sent them back.

I haven't heard since then its been like 2 weeks, i emailed them like 3 times so far but no answer as to if the agreement was right.

My emails were with Don Lyons, hes a member here but he hasn't responded in a while.

Just want to know if some of my domains got excepted because if they didn't I want to sell them.

Any help would be appreciated

Domain Days 2024

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same story here, Chris. No word back yet except the following (Mar 22):

Once the auction committee determines which of the 120,000 they want in the auction, I’ll let you know.

With best regards,
Don

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same story here, Chris. No word back yet except the following (Mar 22):

Once the auction committee determines which of the 120,000 they want in the auction, I’ll let you know.

With best regards,
Don

Thanks so much DNP, was starting to get worried :)

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let us know if anyone has heard anything...I will do the same.

business_man

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you actually have to sign the agreement to sell the names at Auction for it to be binding, or can you just submit it by email?

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you actually have to sign the agreement to sell the names at Auction for it to be binding, or can you just submit it by email?

You have to fill out and sent list of names in pre-engineered excel format document
and print, fill out, "sign and seal" and send agreement (it was delivered to you by rep previously).

hoping it helps

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to fill out and sent list of names in pre-engineered excel format document
and print, fill out, "sign and seal" and send agreement (it was delivered to you by rep previously).

hoping it helps

Exactly what I did as well...Just waiting to hear if the couple of names I submitted are in the live auction.

business_man

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, so do you actually have to physically sign the document and print it out and send it for it to be legally binding? You can't just type your name in Microsoft Word and send it by email. The account rep suggested that it was okay to type your name in Microsoft Word and send it by email, without printing it out or signing it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Type in, print, sign, fax.

business_man

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I suspected, my account manager is a bit *imaginative*. Interesting situation, and I appreciate your input Acroplex. I'll send you some of these online dollars as thanks.

My next question is this:
For people who have signed and sent the agreement, and sent the appendix with the domains and reserves...

Q1. Can I increase my reserve, before it is selected for the May TRAFFIC auction?

Q2. Can I remove a domain from sale, as long as I do not sell it elsewhere within 120 days, before it is selected for the May TRAFFIC auction without incurring any "FEE"?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From my understanding, Q1 is open to suggestions; Moniker will in fact attempt to convince you to lower the reserve before auction time. They want "open sales" if possible. About Q2, the terms state that the agreement is renewed automatically until it's canceled X days before it expires - it has to be done in writing. Moniker is currently reviewing 120k names, according to the latest news. Those that get preselected will still have to be confirmed "as owned" before the auction. Not familiar with the authentication method they will use though.

business_man

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I just donated 30% of my accumulated welath to you Acroplex :) that makes you $3 dollars wealthier in this forum world.

My concern is, as many that my name will not be selected for the top spot, but that it will go to the snapnames auction and get picked up at my reserve price. I am not based in the USA, so I am not sure how they could enforce any agreement that I have not signed and faxed (I sent it mostly completed by email and asked for help to fill it in as it seemed complex). I am getting a bit nervous, as I have discovered that my name is worth far more than I realised and my initial reserve is very low. I am talking from experience of 8 years domaining, but have never previously used Moniker.

What do you think are my options Acroplex?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL thanks. No need for any more donations but I appreciate it.

I have not used Moniker before either but this time I submitted several names, all with reserve prices that I'm comfortable with. Not sure what the breaking of an agreement would entail or whether an agreement without a signature is enforceable to begin with. If you simply filled out the Excel spreadsheet but did not sign the agreement, I doubt it'd hold water; sounds like your account manager wasn't paying attention to his checklist ;) If anything else, Moniker might "complain" they will have to wade through 120,000 domain names but in reality they are very happy to auction off the cream of the crop. Also remember, Oversee owns Snapnames, Domainsponsor and Moniker and severing ties with one potentially affects your relationship with the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom