Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Traffic Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70408

Today, I bought a group of 4 letter domain names that just dropped. Before selling them, I figured I would put them on Trafficz to guage how many visitors each received. I just put them up an hour ago, so it is too early to tell, however, one of the names has already received 26 uniques (Godaddy says it takes up to 48 hours for this process to be completed), and it is after midnight in China right now. If it kept up this pace, that would be pretty big traffic. I did a link popularity check and there are 19 links. When I did a Yahoo search for this name there were 2,035 results for the name - but all of them Chinese.

How would I monetize this type of domain name? How do I know what people are looking for? Since all of the sites that have this name listed are in Chinese, I can't even determine what it was before. Can anyone please help?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chinese traffic is very hard, if not impossible to monetize much of the time. I would say try NameDrive, but I am not overly experienced with your situation.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know as well. I have some with Chinese traffic and some with traffic from Iran. Haven't found a good way to monetinize them yet.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you like, pm me the name.
I will try to make an analysis report for you.
Free, of course.
I did a lot for several people at NP and DNF regarding Chinese names or traffic.

D

Deleted member 70408

PM Sent... thanks!

Now has 127 uniques in less than 5 hours on Trafficz. It is very early in the morning in China right now. I guess I will see the "real" traffic soon.

Name is not for sale.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM replied. If you need any specific details feel free to contact me again. Good luck.
Per the poster's request, I post the results here:

duskdawn said:
I just did a brief research:
hlzl.com used belong to a very famous air conditioner company 华联制冷 in Guangxi, Nanning Province, the name is the acronym of the pinyin of that Mandarin. The CEO of that company was arrested due to contract fraud. The company bankrupted at the same time. I guess that's why their name dropped.
Here's a news about that issue. Seems a big business news last year in China.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/legal/2005-07/28/content_3279994.htm

FXSD.com was an online bookstore: 复兴书店. The name is the acronym of the pinyin of that Mandarin. I don't see much of the site's information so I assume it was not too popular.
I don't know if namedrive accepts Chinese keywords but sedo seems do.
Another option is to sell to the .net sites which are also Chinese companies.
If you need more specific info feel free to contact me.

EJS said:
In Reply to your Post [post=853152]Re: Traffic Help[/post]:
Hi there,
The names I am receiving a great deal of traffic on are:
HLZL.com - 70 uniques in around 4 hours
FXSD.com - 30 uniques in about 3 hours

I can only assume they are from China based on the results from the Wayback Machine, but Trafficz doesn't offer any analysis on where the results are coming from. I don't know if they are type-ins or what. Only 1 click combined for both names.

Any info you can provide would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom