Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Traffic Miami - Live Vid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there a live video link to auction at traffic now?
ok, a lot of crap in auction, but worth a watch :)

they promote as a live auction etc, but mention nowhere about a video link, if there is one............

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi i can not seem to find a live video stream on proxy bid for the traffic auction any one know were els i can watch this live ? thanks a lot guys.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go to the catalog and click "enter live webcast"

chillking

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im connected now yes the sound is up and down

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lots of passes. Shock.com for $200k. Pretty good sale.
Flowers.mobi - $7500
Pretty good for a .mobi

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lots of passes. Shock.com for $200k. Pretty good sale.

Yes, that's a good sale but the price was high in my opinion.

Good for seller.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm on a 40mbps connection and the audio feed is breaking every 5 secs, the uplink must be really congested.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CreditCard.co / Cash.co / Internet.co / Gambling.co are probably better than any domains at landrush and all were passed.

Many legal domains commanded huge prices at landrush auctions, which makes these more surprising as they had realistic reserves -

DivorceAttorneys.co - PASSED
DivorceLawyers.co - PASSED

The one .CO that sold so far is a Spanish generic, which makes a lot more sense in .CO than English keywords IMO.

Brad

chillking

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Brad yes i own DivorceAttorneys.co and DivorceLawyers.co i thought just $5,000 reserve each was very reasonable reserve prices, considering duiattorney.co sold for $44,500 and duilawyer.co sold for $43,000 at the landrush auctions. I guess no end user law companies was in the auction otherwise they would of snapped them up. I'll just have to hold them.;)

CreditCard.co / Cash.co / Internet.co / Gambling.co are probably better than any domains at landrush and all were passed.

Many legal domains commanded huge prices at landrush auctions, which makes these more surprising as they had realistic reserves -

DivorceAttorneys.co - PASSED
DivorceLawyers.co - PASSED

The one .CO that sold so far is a Spanish generic, which makes a lot more sense in .CO than English keywords IMO.

Brad

Last edited:

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The flaw in your thinking is that you trust the listed prices at the landrush auction to be true "arms length" transactions. Everyone could be a multi-millionaire if you could just grab DivorceAttorneys.co for $30 and sell it for 5k.......that sure would be nice. Most people are basing their valuations on totally fraudulent alleged sales. That is how the game works. Publish a lot of nonsense sales and then try to find a few suckers who will buy similar names. That is how the new scam extention game is played. The .co scam will die out like all of the others and I will have to bump a few threads in 2012 to remind people again. Just like .eu and just like .mobi.

Enough is enough. It is dishonest to participate in this garbage and this is one of the reasons that the domain industry went into the toilet in the last few years. There are way too many otherwise smart and honest people who dabble in this fraud and way too many people who don't put a stop to totally outrageous can't possibly be true publicized sales that everyone knows didn't happen.

Flowers.mobi allegedly was bought by the Domain King a few years ago for 200K or so. It sold today for 7.5k. If you think that 200K changed hands on the first auction in a regular transaction then you also probably believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. The King either was trying to scam the 1800 Flowers guy by bidding him up (knowing he didn't have to pay), or he was trying to hype other .mobi's by establishing a huge price for a name that really shouldn't be worth crap (remember all of the idiotic threads at Flowers.mobi, Pizza.mobi, etc.....everyone huffing and puffing and missing the main point, and that is that .mobi was irrelevant and not needed). He created some serious buzz and now the game is over, so it went to auction with a reserve of just a few hundred I believe.

I am a fan of his.....other than his dabbling in garbage at his Traffic events.

Last edited:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the published results from the landrush auctions are fake. I believe that now as the hype has slowed down, some epople come to relise that they might have overpaid during landrush. I doubt that a lawfirm would pay thousands of dollars for DivorceAttorneys.co or DivorceLawyers.co. Why would they do this ? The domain most likely doesn't have any traffic, so they would need to develop the site and market it, which in my point of view does not make sense. If you register DivorceLawyers in spanish, then at one stage it might make sense for a local company or lawer to buy this one. I also belive that the big international will not go a change from .com to .co, they have protected their interest in registering their names, but that's about it. If anyone thinks different, take a look at .mobi, .biz, .tel .....

chillking

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snicksnack i disagree .co names are not looked at as just spanish domains, they are totally brandable it stands for company i believe in them thats why i have offerd xx,xxx for top .co names on sedo and my bids have been rejected also i sold a .co for x,xxx. They are selling for really good cash because people are looking at them as very brandable. I did not believe in .mobi because at the time the iphone could display full webpages, people was claiming .mobi names was a tool for mobile phones what a load of crap these new phones now are just like personal computers lots of them now can display full webpages.

WhoDatDog i disagree the 2 sales i mentioned are real not fraudulent (duiattorney.co sold for $44,500 and duilawyer.co sold for $43,000 ) The land rush auctions was real and companies did pay big cash. Alls i can say is i wish i invested in a lot more .co names.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand that the .CO registry is branding .CO as company and so on, but I also believe it would take much more marketing to get it into the end users heads and not only into domainers heads. It might happen in a couple of years (I doubt, but it could), but it won't be in end users heads within the next 2 years. Please will not suddenly start typing in .CO when looking for Verizon, Mircosoft or any other of the big brands. I mentioned before the domain extnesion is nice and brandable, and I alo invested in some domains, but I try to be realistic and not get carried away by some big ticket sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom