Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TRAFFIC New York : $895 Early Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me decide
I decided to book NY Oct 09
It is only 20,000 miles return for me
Declined the $299 a night offer at the pub the gig is at, and took an apartment in LES
A nice one hour walk they tell me
My question now is will I get murdered, robbed, mugged, or even molested if I walk after sunset every day the return journey from the Marriot in Brooklyn to the Lower East Side ?

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question now is will I get murdered, robbed, mugged, or even molested if I walk after sunset every day the return journey from the Marriot in Brooklyn to the Lower East Side ?

Are you kidding? You obviously have never been here if that is what you think. :lol:

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely go this time. It's a 6 hour flight from Oslo, not too bad at all. Plus I love New York. :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
North America doesn't interest me
now if they hold one in South America, now you're talking :yes:

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding? You obviously have never been here if that is what you think. :lol:

Correct, never been to NY before
It gets very bad press here

There are areas in my city's suburbs where I would not walk alone at night
So, no, I was not kidding

Already I am very excited about visiting NY, staying on the Lower east Side and attending the domain conference

Are you going?

Joe, will I get get murdered, robbed, mugged, or even molested when I visit Melbourne, Australia --

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090618/wl_asia_afp/australiacrimegangs

If you are a gangster, probably yes.

Jessica320

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
New York may not be the best and safest city in the world, but it's definitely worth visiting.

A domainer must be brave enough to test the waters to see how far he's gone.

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New York may not be the best and safest city in the world, but it's definitely worth visiting.

I don't think of NY as an unsafe city at all considering how many people actually live there. New York gets nothing but love from me. ;)

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think of NY as an unsafe city at all considering how many people actually live there. New York gets nothing but love from me. ;)

I was at NYC TRAFFIC last year, and can't wait for this year. NYC is a vibrant, exciting city with great restaurants and night life. The location is great, as is the Hotel. It is on the end of the Brooklyn Bridge, so you can walk across anytime and walk to Wall St., China Town, Little Italy, etc..or cab it. I must confess, I spent more time out of the Hotel exploring the city, than I did attending meetings.
This is a great way to take a great trip, enjoy friends, and write the entire trip off. Nuf said..

i

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was at NYC TRAFFIC last year, and can't wait for this year. NYC is a vibrant, exciting city with great restaurants and night life. The location is great, as is the Hotel. It is on the end of the Brooklyn Bridge, so you can walk across anytime and walk to Wall St., China Town, Little Italy, etc..or cab it. I must confess, I spent more time out of the Hotel exploring the city, than I did attending meetings.
This is a great way to take a great trip, enjoy friends, and write the entire trip off. Nuf said..

i

I am going! Its my birthday that month, I'll be 29 (Oct 7th) (The last year to accomplish my goal of hitting Millionaire status! I know I procrastinated)

This should be fun based off Queen Mother..

How do I get the $895 special?

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going! Its my birthday that month, I'll be 29 (Oct 7th) (The last year to accomplish my goal of hitting Millionaire status! I know I procrastinated)

This should be fun based off Queen Mother..

How do I get the $895 special?

I think the special expired...you need to contact Target Traffic...even if you cannot get the early..early...bird special, there is still a special rate ...dont wait until the last minute.

by the way, All business trips are fully deductable by the irs-rev canada...
especially conferences. No worries there...I have been audited for my domain biz. As long as you make money to justify the trip, and that you have a legit biz.. Just attending the auctions is enough to make the tax man happy. I do so much biz there it does seem like cheating...cause the folks and events are so fun...

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get this squared away now while I have some dollars. How do I contact Target Traffic?
I booked the room(s)
I got the flight(s)

Now all I need is the admission to go!

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Declined the $299 a night offer at the pub the gig is at, and took an apartment in LES

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_attacks_on_Indian_students_in_Australia

Don't you worry! If one New Yorker robs, molests or maims you, there will always be another to come to your aid.

Ignorance knows no bounds.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL or maybe a rat might eat you!

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody who's going, I'll see you there!

D

Deleted member 70408

I live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and have only felt unsafe a few times ever. Previously I lived in Herald Square, right down the block from the Empire State Building and across the street from Macy's. I felt more unsafe walking amongst the tourists when I lived there than I do now on the UWS. Every night my wife or I take our dog for a walk around the block anywhere between 11pm and 1am and still don't feel unsafe.

There are some areas I wouldn't walk alone in, but there are some areas in New Hampshire (where I am from) where I wouldn't go at night, too.

Now it's time for a walk down to the Highline http://www.thehighline.org/

Already got my TRAFFIC ticket. See you there!

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey EJS and randomo
Very much looking forward to meeting both of you at the conference
I am the big stupid Australian bloke
Should be easy enough to spot

hey chris desouza
WTF did you mean by the comment " Ignorance knows no bounds" and posting a ref to Indians getting beaten up in Australia?
Whoosh... Your meaning went straight over my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom