Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Traffic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys, i was looking through some traffic reports on one of my sites, CreativeSource.com and came out with these figures for this month:

#reqs: status code
-----: -----------
1902: 200 OK
7: 206 Partial content
32: 302 Document found elsewhere
200: 304 Not modified since last retrieval
12: 400 Bad request
336: 404 Document not found
14: 405 Method not allowed

with 865: direct from http://www.creativesource.com/ - are these typeins?

and the rest from various directories, some from google, etc.

My question is, how can you tell the direct typeins? By looking at the refferal URL?

Also, are these figures for half a month ok?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since the domain is only lightly listed in the engines, most of the traffic is type-in. Probably mis-spells from:

1creativesource.com
creativesource.ca
creativesource.de

There isn't any way to tell exactly what the "pure" type-in number is, but does it really matter? Traffic is Traffic. Go with your total uniques and figure 90% type-in/mis-spell, but if you are using traffic as a marketing point just say "receives ### uniques per day avg.

I hope you have custom 404 set up or you are bleeding 20% of your traffic.

Are the figures OK for what?

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

Are the figures ok for traffic figures? Meaning, i see some people posting that the domain gets # of uniques per day, etc, but i am not sure what is considered good and what is considered so-so.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
traffic valuations are extremely complex. It depends on the source country of the traffic (US being generally more valuable) and the demographic of the visitors (i.e. what are they looking for)

25 visitors looking to refinance their mortgage is obviously more valuable than 1000 visitors looking for a free screensaver.

My guess is that your visitors are mostly non-us and looking for music related information (but not specifically for a product)

I estimate the domain traffic value @ 2.00/unique/day so if the domain gets 100 per day = $200 + pure name value.

It definitely is a nice thing to have and increases the domain value. Have you contacted the owners of the other extensions yet?

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, i have not. There are several high-profile websites using 'CreativeSource' as part of their domain and presentation. Media, web design, marketing, etc.

I am trying to figure out what to do with this domain. Keep it and develop it or sell it.

I posted it in the 'for sale' section... not sure what i want here, but lets see how it goes. If it sells at $400 is will probably be upset, if at 1k i will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom