Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Traffic Spikes - How to capitalize on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I viewed my parking stats at Sedopro, I have this eye vision domain with low traffic and revenue, earning about $20 a month if I'm lucky, Yesterday I had a high spike in traffic and I earned $114 from that domain alone in one day! I prayed it would continue to the next day but traffic dropped back to normal, is there anyway I can find out where the origin of the traffic came from? If I look in Top Referrers, the traffic is from "Others" which shows no information at all. :veryangry:

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can capitalize with parking as these are really unpredictable and by the time you do something about it it is all over. I could be wrong but I don't think there exists a way as parking is at the moment.

The best way to take advantage of traffic spikes is to have an enticing offer on the site that encourages visitors to leave their email. Then you capitalize on return traffic. But for this you need to have some basic development done on the domain.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought if I could find the source of where it came from, I can try to emulate it. An eye center owns the .net of my .com, if they used advertising of some sort, I can attempt to use that same type of advertising to drive traffic to my domain, this is what I meant...Thanks.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never tried this so couldn't say if it would work.

If you have the .com of a developed .net site then you would benefit from any on and off line advertising they do as people would type in the .com extension by nature first. Perhaps they ran a time sensitive flyer or newspaper ad or something like that. This type of advertising you couldn't emulate.

The only thing I can think of is how to capitalize on the traffic you do get and reach them as opposed to capitalizing on future traffic (which may be a gamble). This is more of a domainer/marketer approach.

Cheers.

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I viewed my parking stats at Sedopro, I have this eye vision domain with low traffic and revenue, earning about $20 a month if I'm lucky, Yesterday I had a high spike in traffic and I earned $114 from that domain alone in one day! I prayed it would continue to the next day but traffic dropped back to normal, is there anyway I can find out where the origin of the traffic came from? If I look in Top Referrers, the traffic is from "Others" which shows no information at all. :veryangry:

I saw this for 5 domains across a portfolio of a couple of thousand names. Very strange and I've no idea where the traffic came from. Wondering if there is a problem with the stats.

Anybody else seen any odd spikes?

Stephen.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see odd spikes on one service or another most months. One time I was actually able to track it down - a developed site had accidentally sent the traffic from their site (plural word .com) to my parked domain (singular word .com). For two days I was getting all of the ecommerce traffic that should have been going to the developed site.

By the time I figured out what was happening they fixed the problem, and the admin person who made the error actually sent me an email with a low-ball offer for my domain and some fairly wimpy "cease and desist" wording implying that I had done something wrong.

I saw this for 5 domains across a portfolio of a couple of thousand names. Very strange and I've no idea where the traffic came from. Wondering if there is a problem with the stats.

Anybody else seen any odd spikes?

Stephen.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see lots of bot traffic when these spikes occur...and search engines DO click the links!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The .net of this domain is running adwords, someone else suggested this might be a bot, but why would a bot choose this domain or other domains they would not be making money on? and how do search engines click links? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom