Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

traffic wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
coming up to christmas i would like some extra traffic to readersheds.co.uk

but only DIY/home building/gardening related traffic,
whats my best course of action..

adwords or buying traffic from somewhere (who)

thanks

wilco

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're planning to purchase traffic, I suggest you choose carefully who you purchase it through. I purchased 125,000 unique visitors at SubmitPro.us for one of my sites. They were supposed to filter the traffic to me over a 30 day campaign. Instead, they dumped 120,980 hits on my site in a single day! Needless to say, my bandwidth was quickly consumed and my site was down for the remainder of the month.

I never did get the balance of the traffic that they owe me, but who really cares. Of the 120,980 hits that they sent, none of them stayed on my site for more than a couple seconds. Personally, I don't think they were really "unique visitors", but were automated hits through proxy services.

On the "up-side", they dumped all those hits on me with only 4 days left in the month, so my site wasn't down for too long a time. It was a learning experience that I'll never make the mistake of taking part in again.

-- C0113c70r

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe try to purchase advertising offline in the categories you mentioned such as gardening magazines, DIY magazine's etc.

You best targeted course of action online would probably be google ad words.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it'd be too late for xmas but i could probably get my dad to wear a readersheds tshirt on his upcoming tv show (for the right price of course...) :)

...if only. i do have a ton of hip hop traffic at my disposal now though, you never know a lot of these guys may be amateur gardeners in their spare time... :)

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
it'd be too late for xmas but i could probably get my dad to wear a readersheds tshirt on his upcoming tv show (for the right price of course...) :)

...if only. i do have a ton of hip hop traffic at my disposal now though, you never know a lot of these guys may be amateur gardeners in their spare time... :)

thanks CIQ, i will get back to you on the tshirt front..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom