Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TrafficMedia Registrar - SCUM or WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

viman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently I tried to renew a domain with TrafficMedia and was told that I must prepay minimum $50 when I only need to pay $10.99 for the renewal of a .net name. Unfortunately I only have 1 day left to expiry so I will have to pay minimum amount but that means now I have $39 just sitting with TrafficMedia.

This really pisses me off. Surely there are some rules against this kind of daylight robbery. I have copied the conversation here and I am hoping someone can help me deal with nightmare registrars such as TrafficMedia.com

14:35Idan Ofarim: Hello, my name is Idan, how can I help you?
14:35Idan Ofarim: Hello
14:35Vishal Vithlani: I am trying to renew my dmain SWIMMINGPOOLPUMPS.NET
14:36Vishal Vithlani: for 1 year and so I need to pay 10.99$
14:36Vishal Vithlani: but when I try to do that it is asking me to top up my account with 50$
14:36Vishal Vithlani: that is not very fair as I would have to apy 40$ more and leave that in the account
14:37Vishal Vithlani: so i need your help to renew by paying the exact amount only!!
14:37Idan Ofarim: You right, to renew your domain you need to put balance of 50$ and pay from this balance
14:38Idan Ofarim: you can use this balance to renew the domain next year or buy additional domain
14:38Vishal Vithlani: no i dont want to buy new domain
14:38Vishal Vithlani: and maybe i will sell or move the domain
14:38Vishal Vithlani: this is very unfair that you are charging me extra 40 $ to sit in your account
14:39Idan Ofarim: Sorry, this is our policy and I cannot do anything about it
14:39Vishal Vithlani: So you just force people to pay more money
14:40Vishal Vithlani: when i should only need to pay 10.99$ - yuo are asking me to paye 50 $ minimum
14:42Vishal Vithlani: This is really poor service and I would make a complaint to Billing Department as this is not acceptable.
14:43Idan Ofarim: We are not using this money, this money belong to you, we only charge for domain renewal
14:44Vishal Vithlani: Yes but it comes out of my account - so its no use to me
14:45Vishal Vithlani: I understand you dont use it but I have lost 40 dollars from my account
14:46Idan Ofarim: This is the company policy, I cannot do anything, you need to put 50$ in your account for balance and renew the domain
14:48Vishal Vithlani: Fine. I will submit an email to the authority with our full conversation above. You have forced me to pay more so that I dont lose my domain but I will do my best to make sure other people dont get duped like me.

So if anyone can help or provide some guidance - than I would be very grateful. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Admin,

If this needs to be in another area than pls move it. Thanks in advance.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The registrar has the right to set their own sales terms.
And, since ppc revenue is down, MrsJello has to make some money somewhere.

Unfortunately, you are stuck.
You could attempt to transfer out today but you will not know if it was successful for 6 days.
Some registrars will permit this. Some do not. They want your money or your domain.

I would suggest you transfer out after 45 days.
If you transfer sooner than 45 days after renewal, you do not get the 1 yr renewal and the losing registrar pockets the money.

You might consider depositing $ 54.95.
Renew the net and over a short period of time register 4 new .com's.
New registrations can not be transferred out within the first 60 days.
Then, transfer everything out 60 days later.

If you deposit $ 50. and renew the .net, you will have $39.01 left.
If you register 3 new domains, you will end up with $ 6.04 which you will endup abandoning.

Let us know what happens.

Noshiki

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not everybody like their registration policies , but its not a scam anyway Im using their parking (Vortalizer) services and im very happy with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom