Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transacting a high end, narrow market name to a target buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

aitraining

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have several domains listed at auction & on here, except my big one which I am looking to do direct with one of the companies I compete with and/or partner with. I already have serious interest with 2 of them.

My question relates to the people I will be hopefully selling to have no experience buying a secondary market domain. I have sold a few south of $1000 on godaddy but I'm still new and this domain is my big kahuna - 6 figure website. It is well known in my industry and so I will do best going direct to them.

My dilemma is should I use a broker for this if I have my target buyer(s)? or can I put in on auction at the selling price and let my buyer just do it there? Are there other safe options? I want this to be simple for my newbie buyer and smooth and done right for me. Really could use some good input. If i should post this elsewhere here, please let me know. Thanks!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this 6 figure website

how did you come to that value?

is it based on actual traffic and revenue earned over a period?

aitraining

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this 6 figure website

how did you come to that value?

is it based on actual traffic and revenue earned over a period?

Mostly revenue. It generates $20-$30k a month and much of that is affiliate revenue to the very buyers I am approaching, so they see the revenue. Also the site regularly beats them in search results. It is a professional education site for broker dealers, insurance companies etc. example if u google SERIES 3 COURSE the site comes up 2nd and 3rd. I am withholding the name here as I'm keeping this quiet and don't want a search query to take someone to this discussion thread. Thanks!

aitraining

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would u put it at auction and just alert my 3 or 4 buyers when it's a go and let them compete for it? Would the fees be worth it at SEDO? or other. Just looking for the best way to do this.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unless the maintenance/overhead is high, i don't see logic in selling that income

however, i wouldn't put up for auction, because that may signal "liquidation or desperation".

i think s e do charges like 3% for escrow deals, not sure about broker fee's, but it's a secure platform and i've directed many buyers there who were not familar with transaction/transfer process.

the fee is really a non-issue, when it's accounted for in pricing.

imo...

aitraining

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big. I really appreciate it. The maintenance is high and the technology of what our customers are looking for are becoming too sophisticated for us (live virtual classes, dynamic online portals, keeping up with industry regs etc.). I see that income dropping in the years ahead. We just keep affiliating out for less than what we could make producing the products oursleves and a company who actually produces this material and technology could do much better.

Also, my passion is internet marketing in other areas and that is taking more and more focus away from this niche industry for a few years and the cash from this would go a long way for me there. SEDO was my instinct to do the transaction. For peace of mind and you are right on the fee.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big. I really appreciate it. The maintenance is high and the technology of what our customers are looking for are becoming too sophisticated for us (live virtual classes, dynamic online portals, keeping up with industry regs etc.). I see that income dropping in the years ahead. We just keep affiliating out for less than what we could make producing the products oursleves and a company who actually produces this material and technology could do much better.

Also, my passion is internet marketing in other areas and that is taking more and more focus away from this niche industry for a few years and the cash from this would go a long way for me there. SEDO was my instinct to do the transaction. For peace of mind and you are right on the fee.

Good Luck with this, and all you do in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom