Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transaction procedure needs improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,
just want to ask Sedo for improving your transaction procedure at last. I am again waiting for one buyer's payment for my domain. Third week is passing and nothing. No email from Sedo about the transaction. Happens not the first time. The domain is blocked for weeks, no response, cant sell this domain to somebody else. I dont think a decided buyer needs more than 2 days to pay for the domain he bought. Ok, lets say one week, 10 days, 2 weeks, but not months. Is it enough time for electronic payment via paypal, wire, etc? I think so (even around the world). After this time passes please give to the seller the possibility to cancel this transaction if not paid. As you've already gave the possibility to cancel a negotiation activity after 7 days of no response to the offer. Set up some limitations for the buyers to pay within 14 working days, etc. etc. otherwise a transaction will be canceled.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Hookah,

Please PM me the domain name and I will investigate this for you.

Please note that our current policy allows the buyer ten days to confirm that payment has been remitted. If he/she does not do this the seller can contact us and we can discuss the option of canceling the transaction.

Best regards,

Tom

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,
my transaction is already cancelled but after my email to Sedo staff. Otherwise, I'd be waiting for weeks. A buyer has 10 days to confirm the payment. It's ok (although when I buy a domain I pay the same day or I clearly inform the other side about a date of my payment, hmm) but why dont you give the seller the option to cancel this transaction after 10 days or so with no action? Are there any warning point for such buyers (and unreliable sellers too)?

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Hookah,

We are actually in the midst of a major project which will alter how we process domain transfers. We are aiming to emphasize more of a community feeling and this will increase communication available for buyers and sellers and make the steps of the process more transparent.

One of the changes will indeed be the idea you mentioned above. The seller will automatically have an option to cancel the transfer if a buyer does not confirm payment has been remitted within a set timescale.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Best regards,

Tom

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, waiting for the new project which can improve this procedure, hopefully.
Thank you for your response.
Greetings, hookah

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom