Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Transfer away

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if I have to remove privacy before I can transfer away a domain from Moniker?
I am not getting the confirmation email from the new registrar.

It could just be that privacy email forwarding is not working...

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if I have to remove privacy before I can transfer away a domain from Moniker?
I am not getting the confirmation email from the new registrar.

It could just be that privacy email forwarding is not working...

Yes dvdrip - You must remove privacy prior to initiating the name for transfer out.

Thanks

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you mean that you will not release the domain when it is under privacy?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you mean that you will not release the domain when it is under privacy?

That is correct. You must remove privacy first. All registrars require privacy to be removed prior to names being transferred out - not just Moniker.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is correct. You must remove privacy first. All registrars require privacy to be removed prior to names being transferred out - not just Moniker.

That is not true at all.

dvdrip,

Furthermore Moniker doesn't forward emails on private whois, it has been down forever hence why you aren't getting your confirmation emails.

Last edited:

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have no problem receiving auth codes from domains at Moniker that don't have privacy on.

Now, on the subject of transfers away from other registrars when privacy is on, I transferred from eNom to Fabulous without removing the privacy first. eNom correctly forwarded the email to me even under privacy.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no problem receiving auth codes from domains at Moniker that don't have privacy on.

Now, on the subject of transfers away from other registrars when privacy is on, I transferred from eNom to Fabulous without removing the privacy first. eNom correctly forwarded the email to me even under privacy.

Bingo...thats because their email forwarding for privacy hasn't been forwarding emails in forever. I tested this a month or so back because I wasn't getting emails to the private whois they listed. I tried sending emails from yahoo/hotmail/etc. and none went through.

I have also transferred domains from numerous registrars with privacy on with no problems, this is a Moniker email forwarding issue and has been forever.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not receiveing emails has nothing to do with the transfer away. If it did then that should mean that there is a monkey reading(screening) and forwading the emails.
And moniker can afford to pay for support, let alone for bananas.

And there is no (ICANN) rule that forbids transfers away for domains behind privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom