Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Transfer my GD domains to my WWD resller account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just set up my WWD brand at www.bonusnames.com and of course, wish to transfer all my domains at GD over to my WWD brand account. I have a support ticket with GD discussing this -- they gave me a 'stock' reply about initiating normal PAID transfers -- surely they will do this for free? Anyone else in this situation?

Thanks and regards!

Nope. Here's the reply from GD:

"Thank you for contacting customer support. Wild West Domains is considered another registrar so if you wanted to move your domain from your GoDaddy.com account to your reseller account, you will need to purchase a Transfer request for all of the domains. It is only possible to move the domains without the purchase of a transfer between GoDaddy.com accounts. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience."

Is that short-sighted or what? I could transfer them anywhere on that basis and they'd lose the business. I have 100s of domains with them... comments appreciated.

iIndo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is true.... WWD and GD are two different registrars... unlike enom that have all of their resellers under one registrar, transfer between WWD and GD should be considered a normal transfer

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
iIndo said:
I think it is true.... WWD and GD are two different registrars... unlike enom that have all of their resellers under one registrar, transfer between WWD and GD should be considered a normal transfer

Yes, but WWD is GD's own affiliate/reseller program -- WWD is owned by GD :huh:

iIndo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i know..... WWD is owned by GD but still they both are 2 different ICANN accredited registrars. I believe that all transfers would include one more extended year. So basically you paid for that one year extension.

There's no way to do a 'push' between 2 different registrars.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure. I appreciate the structure but not the economics. It sucks to me. But as you suggest, moving them at the right time could really lessen the blow. Thanks!

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa,

This is a bit of an inconvenience, but considering that the transfer works as a renewal you are actually going to save $1.50 by moving them to your WWD account.

Someone figured that if you have at least 70 domains registered at GD then you should get a $99 reseller account because you are going to save at least $99 just by transferring your domains to your WWD account.

I would suggest calling support 480-624-2500 as they have people that sit around and help you transfer your domains smoothly.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I contacted both GD and WWD over a year ago about this issue, and the answer was the same.
It really is a shame.

sellinbiz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it $6.95 to transfer domains to WWD?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's like wanting to transfer domains between Namecheap or Registerfly to Enom. The first two are in fact Enom resellers.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
halfacat said:
aZooZa,

This is a bit of an inconvenience, but considering that the transfer works as a renewal you are actually going to save $1.50 by moving them to your WWD account.

Someone figured that if you have at least 70 domains registered at GD then you should get a $99 reseller account because you are going to save at least $99 just by transferring your domains to your WWD account.

I would suggest calling support 480-624-2500 as they have people that sit around and help you transfer your domains smoothly.

Perfect explanation :cool:

I should have thought it through properly! Thanks HaC.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wait a year till you need to renew, then transfer instead of renewing :)

of course.. if it is compaign domains.. you wouldn't get the same rate :( that's pity..

halfacat

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AbsolutelyFreeW said:
wait a year till you need to renew, then transfer instead of renewing :)

this is an option but i would recommend doing it with at least 3 or more months left before the reg runs out. reason being is that the transfer is 'risk free' meaning you get a year of reg added to whatever is already on the domain, just like a renewal.

i recommend the time buffer because something always happens with a transfer. your email provider blocks the transfer email as SPAM or something...

AbsolutelyFreeW said:
of course.. if it is compaign domains.. you wouldn't get the same rate :( that's pity..

huh? :huh: :huh:

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can we push domains between 2 different WWD reseller accounts? Or they can be only transferred?

*** Update ***

OK, I just learned that you can't even push between 2 WWD accounts (with different resellers)...Only way to switch accounts is to transfer the domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom