Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TRANSFER-PENDING Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I jumped thru all the hoops and started a transfer process of a domain from one registrar to another. I expected the status on the WHOIS to change to TRANSFER-PENDING but it did not. What are possible reasons for that?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sometimes it's not reflected in the WHOIS immediately. Tried the Registrar's WHOIS?

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain loser is enom and their WHOIS says: "Status: ok" for hours already. :upset:

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like Enom gave me invalid EPP code and the transfer failed :upset: I probably have to get them to "re-sync" it or some BS. Ah, great fun ahead!

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Or maybe I mis-entered the EPP code. I want to try again but I'm afraid that if I didn't mistype it will be like a "second strike" and then it will automatically lock me out from transferring for like 3 years or something :upset:

Does the domain get locked or something after X invalid EPP code entries?

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: yep it was out of sync. Got the new EPP, trying to transfer again. Question to veterans: how often does "invalid EPP" happen?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sometimes happen, some registrar control panels allow you to resync the auth codes or even to set your own.

I think I have seen this condition with Enom before.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Some auth codes contain symbols that some registrars use as separators between the domain and the code!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a shame.

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: after Enom resynced the EPP and provided me with a new one, I attempted a transfer again and now it seems go along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom