Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transfer within 6 days of expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

krynsky

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A friend contacted me about saving money registering his domain so I was going to help him by registering with either namecheap or godaddy but the problem is his domain expires on 4/11/03 and namecheap states they don't do transfers within 7 days and godaddy says they don't within 10 days.

My question is if there is any registrar he can use to transfer or is he stuck paying $35 at network solutions to renew. Any help (quickly) would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try 000domains.com
It's worked for me.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ditto.

They did it once on the last day before expiry after another registrar had given up trying to get the name.

krynsky

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. 2 votes is pretty good, anyone else have any experience doing this?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namecheap transfers from netsol will take about 2 days, as long as you acknowledge the emails. You can still do it, even though they state you can't within 7 days.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As long it is not expire, you should be able transfer your domain to other registrar.

I was able to help my client (DNF member) to renew expired tucows account, though this is a different story.

Regards,
tw

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've transferred on-hold domains before.
As long as they don't go into Registry-Lock or Registrar-Lock, you shouldn't have any trouble.
I remember an OpenSRS domain that was expired and had locks on, but I contacted them and they removed the locks without any fuss, and it transferred fine. Now that's what I call service!

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The sooner you start the better. Netsol will tale about 2-3 days. Assuming you have the receiving registrar in the bag, you should be okay. My experience with Enom is 3 days total (once Netsol releases it, its a matter of hours to receive at ENOM).

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's definately worth a try if you go with a registrar that won't charge you for an unsuccessful transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom