Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

transfering ownership at tucows question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to transfer ownership of a domain at tucows? I might be buying a name that was registered with tucows. How long does the transfer take?

D

dkny

transfer to where? my advice is that tucows reseller is able to create a new account for you for that particular name, so you will get the name immediately.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Transferring away from Tucows/OpenSRS is easy; I would say that they are actually the most transfer-friendly registrar. You don't need an OpenSRS account: just initiate a transfer and they'll send a verification e-mail to the seller for acknowledgement. Everything should be done in a few days' time (3-5 days at the most). Simple but secure.

I just did one last week:

- initiated a transfer at GoDaddy on Oct 9 at 1.49 PM Eastern Time
- received Tucows' e-mail on Oct 10 at 2.13 PM (and acknowledged it on the same day)
- informed by GoDaddy on Oct 11 at 7.08 AM that the transfer was completed

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by eddie1278
Is it easy to transfer ownership of a domain at tucows? I might be buying a name that was registered with tucows. How long does the transfer take?

If it is within Tucows, the transfer is immediate. You can to to ANY Tucows affiliate and manage your names (000domain, manage.opensrs.net, etc. . . ). The person who has the name will simply create a userid and password for you.

Personally, I like the Tucows system the BEST. Very easy and very user-friendly.

Transfers to another registrar are pretty quick with them as well. I have had outbound transfers to eNom done in 1 day :D

-Bob

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in switching registers, I want to buy the name from him. So are you talking about (ownership) transfer or just changing registers?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just do an owner transfer....not a registrar transfer...

The seller will create a tucows id for you, with the name in that account...done.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by eddie1278
I'm not interested in switching registers, I want to buy the name from him. So are you talking about (ownership) transfer or just changing registers?

Ownerships are immediate. You can transfer any name in an OpenSRS portfolio within 30 seconds :D

OpenSRS ROCKS for domain name management.

Good luck.

-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom