Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

transferring .name domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone point me to one of the more common registrars that handles .name domains? I have a couple at DirectNIC that I want to move to someone like Enom, NameCheap, Godaddy etc - any thoughts?

gph

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, you can't transfer .name domains.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, I dont think you can transfer them.

I let 2 or 3 expire that I had when that tld first came out (I had them with regsiter.com). I couldnt move them.
The funny part is that I can't re reg them, although they apparently expired years ago.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gph said:
Can someone point me to one of the more common registrars that handles .name domains? I have a couple at DirectNIC that I want to move to someone like Enom, NameCheap, Godaddy etc - any thoughts?

gph

You can transfer a second level .name to a different registrar..I just completed one a few days ago..pretty much a non com,net transfer..auth code needed..I transferred from namescout to domainsite.com pretty smooth..I haven't tried any other registrars so I couldn't comment on them..

edit: to clarify it was a second level registration such as smith.name NOT john.smith.name

jim

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmmm... the names I have are third level names....

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom