Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transferring names question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If I transfer a domain from one registrar to another does the new registrar automatically change the name servers and point the name to their parking page or do they generally just leave them alone if I am currently pointing those names to affiliates?

Thanks

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nameserver information isn't changed during a registrar transfer.

Lats...

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's true about NameServers - but I think you're talking about forwarding? - This is a function of each registrars name servers. So you'll have to set them to the new registrar and repoint them again. 24 to 48 down time while propagating.

DRS

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
This is a function of each registrars name servers. So you'll have to set them to the new registrar and repoint them again. 24 to 48 down time while propagating.

domain, mail forwarding and web redirection are optional DNS service. This is not a function of the registrar system.

However, nameserver creation is a function of the registrar system.

You can choose to use another DNS service provider to manage your domains instead using your registrar DNS system.

I like powerDNS Express service. It is a free DNS service that allows you to manage your domain, mail forwarding and web redirection online.

Go to http://express.powerdns.com/ to learn more about their services and products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom