Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Transferring out of name - why is it taking so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how long it normally takes to transfer out of name.com? I have never really used them so I am unsure how long it should normally take. Its been 5 days now and haven't seen it move yet. Do you get an authorize email in order to move the domain out (I would think so) other than the initial code that you have to put into the other registrar? Haven't received anything other than the original email with the code.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains take 5 days to transfer. (Maybe 6 if the gaining registrar is slow at it's request)
This should be the case with name.com too.
You should check the public whois to see where the domain is. Not your new registrar account yet.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip is right, Moniker has a militant 5 days for ex, for a transfer out, Name.com may take longer, I think I've seen 6, or 7 days even, Dotster takes long too

GD, Namecheap, otoh let you speed up the transfer out (the losing registrant can), I think even Dynadot allows that...

The WHOIS sometimes reflects the stage the domain transfer is in, but depending on which side you're on, the WHOIS may say the transfer is completed showing the new registrant's name (Sedo has told me that and that they wanna release pymt when I'm the buyer) but when you check the CP then the gaining registrant sees it's still not in his account, so before pymt is completed this needs to be checked

Some smaller/lesser known registrars/resellers may extend the period, when they're on the losing side, as much as they can, you get emails to reconsider, blah, blah, they sound like some gf that was just dumped lol

Last edited:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Transfer is always 5 days maximum from the time the gaining registrar starts the transfer.
Losing registrar can't delay a transfer. Losing registrar can only "speed up" the transfer by releasing the domain before this 5 day period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom